cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work with KITPF0100EPEVBE rev. B

kochetkov_artem
Contributor I

Hello!

Recently we received an KITPF0100EPEVBE evaluation board but as it turned out it was a rev B board. I have attached a photo of the received kit, so you can correct me if I'm wrong. 

As I understand it, to work with this board i must follow this guide.

The question is, where can I find the right software? In particular, I can't find the following:
1) NI-VISA 5.1.2 (reference given in guide does not lead anywhere);

2) KITPFGUI 3.0.

However, we also have PF programmer working with KITPFGUI 4.1. So if it can be connected in bypass to embedded programmer it would be great to hear how to do it.

Thank you in advance!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The link of the user guide you sent is an old revision (3.0 from 12/2013), the latest revision is the 5.0 from 8/2015, you can find it in the following link: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/KTPF0100UG.pdf

With the latest version of the GUI (4.1.0.6), the NI-VISA software is no longer needed, it works off the HID driver (Windows HID driver).

The latest revision of the “KITPFGUI: GUI for the PF family development tools” (REV 4.1.0.6) can be downloaded from the following link: https://www.nxp.com/products/power-management/pmics/power-management-for-i.mx-application-processors...

Both, PF programmer and KITPF0100EPEVBE evaluation board works with KITPFGUI4.1.

Regards,

Jose

0 Kudos

kochetkov_artem
Contributor I

Thank you for your answer, but this is not what I need.

As I described above, we have an old revision of KITPF0100EPEVBE evaluation board with embedded programmer that does't work like USB HID device. 

We have installed KITPFGUI 4.1. And we have PF programmer (KITPFPGMEVME) which is detected by KITPFGUI 4.1.

But KITPFGUI 4.1 doesn't see KITPF0100EPEVBE when we try to connect board to PC. However, a device with an error 28 ('The drivers for this device are not installed.') appears in the Device Manager.2018-07-11_10-55-21.png

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I have just tested using my old evaluation board revision B, and it works perfectly fine with the KTPFGUI 4.1 without the NI VISA drivers.

pastedImage_1.png

But, I’m probably not understanding, are you trying to connect the KITPF0100EPEVBE evaluation board and the PF programmer (KITPFPGMEVME) to the GUI at the same time? This is not supported, and why would you like to do this?

Regards,

Jose

0 Kudos

kochetkov_artem
Contributor I

Hi, Jose.

It is very strange for me, because that is what i see:

IMG_20180712_110154.jpg
I just checked all the jumpers according to the guide and they are all correct.
Can you send a screenshot of your Device Manager window with the connected board?

"But, I’m probably not understanding, are you trying to connect the KITPF0100EPEVBE evaluation board and the PF programmer (KITPFPGMEVME) to the GUI at the same time? This is not supported, and why would you like to do this?"

No, not in same time. I just say that was PF Programmer work fine and problem not in the USB port of PC or KITPFGUI 4.1.

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Pleaser find a screenshot of my device manager with the board connected and without the board connected.

pastedImage_1.png

As you can see, even with the old board, it connects using the HID drivers, it no longer requires the NI VISA drivers.

Please send me a screenshoot of the GUI when the evaluation board is connected to the PC and powered (3.6V via J25).

- Jose

0 Kudos

kochetkov_artem
Contributor I

Hi,

Below I apply a screenshot of the KTPF0100UG window with the connected KITPF0100EPEVBE  ev board (powered by J25)...

3.png

...and screenshots of the Device Manager window before and after connecting.

2018-07-16_11-44-36.png

As you can see PC detects the board, but this has nothing to do with the USB HID. This indicates that the HID driver is not implemented in firmware of PF programmer.

The only logical explanation that comes to my mind - there is a way to update firmware installed in the programmer, which will communicate via HID driver instead of NI-VISA.

0 Kudos

m_vandervelde
Contributor I

Hello,

I have the same Problem, no HID device and old Board.

Have you solved the problem??

0 Kudos