CW 10.7 DSC 56F8037 -- How to fill memory (P-RAM)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 10.7 DSC 56F8037 -- How to fill memory (P-RAM)?

Jump to solution
j___
Contributor IV

I am using CW 10.7 with the 56F8037. I am copying a function from flash to RAM. Unfortunately, I have not been able to generate an S-record & elf file that does NOT produce RAM-based entries of the function. Which is actually ridiculous, see question #3 here: https://community.nxp.com/thread/478287 .

So, I need to fill RAM with a fixed value to TRULY, test the copy-to-RAM function. However, I cannot find the menu entry to fill RAM. I tried right-clicking on the Memory Browser and Memory Monitor windows. There is no option there to RAM.

I sure there is a way. Please let me know how to fill RAM for the DSC in CW 10.7.

Regards...

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

You can fill the memory BY Target Task.

Please create a new Target task in debugger as <Fill Memory>, for details, please refer to section <17.4.3 Fill Memory with Data Pattern> in Targeting Manual:

{CW11 install}\MCU\Help\PDF\Targeting_Microcontrollers.pdf

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

You can fill the memory BY Target Task.

Please create a new Target task in debugger as <Fill Memory>, for details, please refer to section <17.4.3 Fill Memory with Data Pattern> in Targeting Manual:

{CW11 install}\MCU\Help\PDF\Targeting_Microcontrollers.pdf

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
j___
Contributor IV

Hi Jennie,

Thanks for the info. That worked.

I will say though, that performing Memory Fill through the Target Task method is VERY clunky. Anytime that I change the code, the memory map can change and then I have to create or edit the Target Task. I am sure that there are scenarios where things are less dynamic where this Target Task implementation is very powerful. But, for memory fill, it is clunky. I am used to TI (& Visual Studio too) tools where you just right-click on the memory display fill in the address, range, and value, and it is done.

This of course, tool-chain development is not under your control.but you may want to let the tool-chain team know about this user feedback.

Regards...

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks for your comment. I will forward your feedback to developer.

Best Regards,

Jennie

0 Kudos