cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming bootloader i.MX6UL

Jump to solution
olli_mannisto
Contributor II

This sounds like a very silly question but I just can't find the correct piece of documentation. 

How do you actually flash the bootloader? Do you flash the bootloader? The only hit for a programmer I could find is for some kind of linux-based programmer that appears to use USB and is for the firmware, not bootloader. I presume that'd also require you're running approved software on the i.MX6 design?

I'm looking at using the i.Mx6 in our remote monitoring product, my some other options are Sitara and Renesans processors which have roughly similar capabilities. Personally I usually use microcontrollers which don't have an OS, so..

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Olli

i.MX6UL has ROM (it can not be reflashed by user) which is used for booting

and described in Chapter 8 System Boot i.MX6UL Reference Manual

http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/IMX6ULRM.pdf

Additional bootloaders, like uboot can be flashed to external boot devices like emmc, nand, e.t.c.

Procedures are described in documentation provided on link

i.MX Software|NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Olli

i.MX6UL has ROM (it can not be reflashed by user) which is used for booting

and described in Chapter 8 System Boot i.MX6UL Reference Manual

http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/IMX6ULRM.pdf

Additional bootloaders, like uboot can be flashed to external boot devices like emmc, nand, e.t.c.

Procedures are described in documentation provided on link

i.MX Software|NXP 

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos