cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX7Solo silicon revisions

erlendhestnes
Contributor I

Hi,

We are currently manufacturing a product which uses the MCIMX7S3EVK08SC SoC. However, we have just recently received some feedback from our EMS that this particular part is difficult to source for high volumes. They are thus wondering if we rather can use the MCIMX7S3EVK08SD SoC. From the datasheet I gather that there is only a difference in silicon revision (Rev 1.2 vs Rev 1.3). However, just to be on the safe side I was wondering if there is any known compatibility issues between the two revisions (we are using a Yocto based linux distro)? Also, would be great if someone could point me to a hardware change log for this SoC describing the differences between 1.2 and 1.3.

Best regards,

Erlend

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Erlend

yes MCIMX7S3EVK08SD can be used as replacement,

differences between 1.2 and 1.3.is fixed errata mentioned on link

HAB vulnerability - ROM update 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

erlendhestnes
Contributor I

Thanks Igor,

However, are you sure you provided me with the correct link? A page about 'HAB vulnerability - ROM update' with reference to the i.mx6dl does not seem correct.

Best regards,

Erlend

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Erlend

1.3. fixed that errata, which is applicable to i.MX7S/D rev.1.2 too.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos