cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KPP and I2C2

dylanbartlett
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm working with an i.MX6 based SoM from Digi. I've been looking into the potential for using the KPP module to interface with a keypad we're building.

My only concern is that Digi use KEY_COL3 for I2C_2 in their module for communicating with the on-module PMIC. Does the KPP driver in Linux allow for "skipping" pins in this case?

i.e if I wanted to create a 4x4 matrix. Can I use KEY_COL0 through 2 and KEY_COL4 to create my columns? Effectively skipping KEYCOL_3 since it's being used for something else?

Thanks for the help.

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

dylanbartlett
Contributor I

Where exactly in the documentation does it say I can do that? The only thing that tells me is to pass a pin control group. Presumably that pin group can be missing a few pins but nothing there suggest the list of kpp pins can be non-contiguous. 

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

seems some pads can  be excluded from pinctrl-0 = <&pinctrl_kpp_1>

and "linux,keymap"

Regarding documentation for if list of kpp pins can be non-contiguous,

suggest to post it on kernel mail list:

Majordomo Lists at VGER.KERNEL.ORG 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dylan

seems it is possible to exclude some keys from processing, one can check

documentation in linux/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/input/imx-keypad.txt

linux-2.6-imx.git - Freescale i.MX Linux Tree 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos