cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL03Z32

nxa19371
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a custom board with KL03Z32VFG4, code is a very simple hello world app. Trying to debug/Flash using a P & E micro MultiLink ACP. MCUExpresso is version 10.2. Have performed the latest Eclipse updates and also installed the latest P&E micro drivers. The Multilink ACP  is detected, however when I initiate debug/Flash,  the IDE hangs and the progress bar shows 99% and details say Launching: Configuring GDB. The Only way to exit this situation is to kill the pegdbserver_console_(32bit) from Task manager or hit the Cleanup debug button on the task bar. Has someone encountered this issue if so what is the solution to this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ramesh lyer,

1. Make sure the customer hardware works

If the hardware have problem, you can't connect it with the IDE.

So, I think you can use the JLINK debugger to test the customer board with SWD interface at first, use the JLINK commander check whether the ARM core can be found or not.

If you can find the core, it means the hardware works, you can download the code. Otherwise, we still need to check the customer KL03 hardware problem.

2. If the customer KL03 board have no connection problem. Then you also can use the JLINK to download the code in MCUXpresso at first. Just make sure it is not your P & E micro MultiLink ACP problem. 

From the P&E website, I just find the USB MULTILINK and USB MULTILINK FX,  I didn't used the P & E micro MultiLink ACP, please make sure this debugger can support the kinetis chip at first. If the JLINK also can debug the hello world, just your P & E micro MultiLink ACP have problem. I think it may relate to the debugger tool. If your JLINK also have problem, now we need to check the project.

1) clean the project

2) delete the following file, then build and download it again:

pastedImage_1.png

The following is my multlink universal download information

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

You must make sure your multilink SWD interface is connect correctly to the customer's KL03 board.

Wish it helps you.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos