cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB mass storage device not detected in barebox

mihaitaivascu
Contributor III

Hello,

I am working with Phytec imx6ul board. It comes with barebox on it.

I cannot detect USB stick from barebox using usb and detect commands. No USB device is found after probing

I have the same config for USB host, USB mass storage and filesystem support as in Linux.

But after the kernel is loading, it detects successfully the USB devices from Linux.

What could be the issue with barebox?

Also barebox usb config does not offer the possibility to enable some sort of USB debug. 

Thanks,

Mihaita

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mihaita

is it working in uboot

uboot-imx - i.MX U-Boot 

in general one can try to debug it, first checking usb clock in CCM_CCGR6, voltage on VDD_USB_CAP.

Barebox is not supported by nxp, more proper way to address it to phytec support.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mihaitaivascu
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Yes, I know is ok in uboot. It seems that I was using an older barebox version that somehow USB support was not working there. Even though everything looked fine in device tree

I will close this topic as cloning latest barebox repository helped to solve the issue.

Thanks,

Mihaita

0 Kudos