cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compiler using Unsupported Power ISA 2.06 Instructions

pedrosimão
Contributor I

Hi,

My compiler is generating assembly using lfiwax, when converting from integer to float  , can’t find the flag for the compiler stop using it, I’m already  using -mcpu=e5500, -Wall',  -fno-builtin', -nodefaultlibs', -nostdlib', -gdwarf-2', '-mhard-float', '-static' .

Anyone know how to solve this?

Best Regard and thank you

Ps: target t1042 board

Compiler

Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=/home/user/user_workspace/MUSL-CROSS_MAKE/release_gcc7/bin/powerpc64-linux-musl-gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/home/user/user_workspace/MUSL-CROSS_MAKE/release_gcc7/bin/../libexec/gcc/powerpc64-linux-musl/7.2.0/lto-wrapper
Target: powerpc64-linux-musl
Configured with: ../src_gcc/configure --enable-languages=c,c++ --with-abi=elfv2 CFLAGS='-g0 -Os' CXXFLAGS='-g0 -Os' LDFLAGS=-s --disable-nls --enable-languages=c,c++ --disable-multilib --with-cpu=e5500 --disable-werror --target=powerpc64-linux-musl --prefix= --libdir=/lib --disable-multilib --with-sysroot=/powerpc64-linux-musl --enable-tls --disable-libmudflap --disable-libsanitizer --disable-gnu-indirect-function --disable-libmpx --enable-deterministic-archives --enable-libstdcxx-time --with-build-sysroot=/home/user/user_workspace/MUSL-CROSS_MAKE/musl-cross-make/build/local/powerpc64-linux-musl/obj_sysroot AR_FOR_TARGET=/home/user/user_workspace/MUSL-CROSS_MAKE/musl-cross-make/build/local/powerpc64-linux-musl/obj_binutils/binutils/ar AS_FOR_TARGET=/home/user/user_workspace/MUSL-CROSS_MAKE/musl-cross-make/build/local/powerpc64-linux-musl/obj_binutils/gas/as-new LD_FOR_TARGET=/home/user/user_workspace/MUSL-CROSS_MAKE/musl-cross-make/build/local/powerpc64-linux-musl/obj_binutils/ld/ld-new NM_FOR_TARGET=/home/user/user_workspace/MUSL-CROSS_MAKE/musl-cross-make/build/local/powerpc64-linux-musl/obj_binutils/binutils/nm-new OBJCOPY_FOR_TARGET=/home/user/user_workspace/MUSL-CROSS_MAKE/musl-cross-make/build/local/powerpc64-linux-musl/obj_binutils/binutils/objcopy OBJDUMP_FOR_TARGET=/home/user/user_workspace/MUSL-CROSS_MAKE/musl-cross-make/build/local/powerpc64-linux-musl/obj_binutils/binutils/objdump RANLIB_FOR_TARGET=/home/user/user_workspace/MUSL-CROSS_MAKE/musl-cross-make/build/local/powerpc64-linux-musl/obj_binutils/binutils/ranlib READELF_FOR_TARGET=/home/user/user_workspace/MUSL-CROSS_MAKE/musl-cross-make/build/local/powerpc64-linux-musl/obj_binutils/binutils/readelf STRIP_FOR_TARGET=/home/user/user_workspace/MUSL-CROSS_MAKE/musl-cross-make/build/local/powerpc64-linux-musl/obj_binutils/binutils/strip-new
Thread model: posix
gcc version 7.2.0 (GCC)

0 Kudos
1 Reply

pedrosimão
Contributor I

For future reference, the -mno-cmpb flag did the trick.

Best regards

• The -mcmpb option allows GCC to generate the compare bytes instruction implemented on the POWER6 processor and other processors that support the PowerPC V2.05 architecture.
0 Kudos