NT3H2111 / 2211 Some Batches Don't Work

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NT3H2111 / 2211 Some Batches Don't Work

robertosocorreg
Contributor I

We have a design with a NT3H2111 / 2211 that is using a class 4 antenna coil with a 100 pF capacitor as recommended in application note AN11276, NTAG Antenna Design Guide. The design works great. However, we have found that some batches of the NT3H2111 / 2211 do not work. We get the error "Tag does not support NDEF". If we replace the NT3H2111 / 2211 chip with one from another batch, then it works just fine. We buy almost all of our chips from mouser.com.

We don't know why we are getting these errors. Are you guys having a counterfeit problem with your chips? Did you guys made new changes to your NT3H2111 / 2211 chips? Any help would be greatly appreciated since we are going to start commercially producing our new design, but we need to be sure that there are no problems with the NT3H2111 / 2211 chips. We will be buying several tens of thousands of these chips.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

robertosocorreg
Contributor I

Dear Ivan,

Should I open a new ticket or reply to this email since it has been a while since your last reply? 

By using the second tab of the Android NTAG I2C Demo App and writing some data to the NT3H2111 it won't change the contents of the capability container, CC. What is the easiest way to change the CC part? Using "Reset Tag" in the same app doesn't work 75% of the time. I get errors reading the tag.

Thank you, 

Robert 

0 Kudos

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

This issue was already answered via case.

Description: it was the capability container which was not set. NFC Forum defines how mobile's middle-ware should behave. It is defined that first thing it shall do after selection of the NFC Tag, it shall read CC part. This part tells mobile how large NDEF area is, is it writable etc.

Write some NDEF data. Most optimal would be to use Android NTAG I2C Demo App, second tab, "Write NDEF", "Write default NDEF". No Explorer Kit is needed for that.

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos