Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx8mqevk, do_image_sdcard failure at bitbake

Jump to solution
jekim
Contributor III

Hello,

I manually created two partitions on SD card according to Linux User Guide. In order to get rootfs, I tried bitbake as below. I'm not sure I have another clue to achieve rootfs. Btw, I didn't umount before trying bitbake. According to the error message, I did umount but I had to see same do_image_scard failure again from bitbake. How can I solve this problem? 

Regards,

Jeff

user@TW-JEFF:~/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland$ bitbake -c fetchall fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx
Loading cache: 100% |##################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:01
Loaded 3260 entries from dependency cache.
Parsing recipes: 100% |################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:03
Parsing of 2423 .bb files complete (2419 cached, 4 parsed). 3264 targets, 402 skipped, 8 masked, 0 errors.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies

Build Configuration:
BB_VERSION = "1.36.0"
BUILD_SYS = "x86_64-linux"
NATIVELSBSTRING = "ubuntu-16.04"
TARGET_SYS = "aarch64-poky-linux"
MACHINE = "imx8mqevk"
DISTRO = "fsl-imx-wayland"
DISTRO_VERSION = "4.9.88-2.0.0"
TUNE_FEATURES = "aarch64"
TARGET_FPU = ""

ERROR: fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx-1.0-r0 do_image_sdcard: Function failed: do_image_sdcard (log file is located at /home/user/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/work/imx8mqevk-poky-linux/fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_image_sdcard.17733)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/user/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/work/imx8mqevk-poky-linux/fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_image_sdcard.17733

| DEBUG: Python function extend_recipe_sysroot finished
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_image_sdcard
| 0+0 records in
| 0+0 records out
| 0 bytes copied, 0.00044412 s, 0.0 kB/s
| Model:  (file)
| Disk /home/user/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/work/imx8mqevk-poky-linux/fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx/1.0-r0/deploy-fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx-image-complete/fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx-imx8mqevk-20180629075210.rootfs.sdcard: 2550MB
| Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
| Partition Table: msdos
| Disk Flags:
|
| Number  Start   End     Size    Type     File system  Flags
|  1      8389kB  75.5MB  67.1MB  primary               lba
|  2      75.5MB  2542MB  2466MB  primary
|
| 1019+1 records in
| 1019+1 records out
| 1043840 bytes (1.0 MB, 1019 KiB) copied, 0.00406131 s, 257 MB/s
| mkfs.fat: warning - lowercase labels might not work properly with DOS or Windows
| mkfs.fat 4.1 (2017-01-24)
| 8+0 records in
| 8+0 records out
| 67108864 bytes (67 MB, 64 MiB) copied, 0.14642 s, 458 MB/s
| dd: failed to open '/home/user/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/work/imx8mqevk-poky-linux/fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx/1.0-r0/deploy-fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx-image-complete/fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx-imx8mqevk-20180629075210.rootfs.ext4': No such file or directory
| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
| ERROR: Function failed: do_image_sdcard (log file is located at /home/user/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/work/imx8mqevk-poky-linux/fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_image_sdcard.17733)
ERROR: Task (/home/user/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-sdk/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx.bb:do_image_sdcard) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 5494 tasks of which 5480 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jekim
Contributor III

Hi Diego,

Thank you for comments. The reason of using fetchall option was an intention to complete all fetch work in advance.

Of course, I had to ran bitbake command w/o fetchall option again for compilation and configuring.

I avoided above problem with changing the image name from fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx to fsl-image-validation-imx.

I'm not sure how much the qt5 option is important in my task. With the new image name, bitbake didn't report the do_image_sdcard error anymore. Probably the partition problem related record doesn't influence on newly named image.

Regards,

Jeff

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Is not necessary to perform the bitbake fetchall command to create the rootfs. You will only need use the bitbake "the image that you are willing to use" to create the images. All the images will be located in the tmp/deploy/images/imx8mqevk folder.

Hope this can solve your question.

Best Regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos
jekim
Contributor III

Hi Diego,

Thank you for comments. The reason of using fetchall option was an intention to complete all fetch work in advance.

Of course, I had to ran bitbake command w/o fetchall option again for compilation and configuring.

I avoided above problem with changing the image name from fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx to fsl-image-validation-imx.

I'm not sure how much the qt5 option is important in my task. With the new image name, bitbake didn't report the do_image_sdcard error anymore. Probably the partition problem related record doesn't influence on newly named image.

Regards,

Jeff

0 Kudos