any source for imx6sx-M4 PWM and input capture interrupt access using FreeRTOS BSP?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any source for imx6sx-M4 PWM and input capture interrupt access using FreeRTOS BSP?

andrariver
Contributor I

Hi everyone,
I have UDOO NEO FULL board with the imx6sx chip in it. My task is to make a mobile robot using three DC motor and quadrature encoder for each one with FreeRTOS BSP.
from the diagram below, I can see that there are 8xPWM and 3xTimer in "System Control" block.

IMX-6SOLOX-BLOCK-DIAGRAM.jpg

For my project, I need at least 6 PWM for three motors and 6 input capture interrupts to read three quadrature encoders data, but I still don't know how to access those peripherals using FreeRTOS BSP package and I don't see any example for this kind of task.

Did I miss something or anyone here knows how to access PWM and generate input capture interrupts in FreeRTOS BSP?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andra,

From the hardware side, the 3 timers mentioned on the block diagram, corresponds to two Enhanced Periodic Interrupt Timers (EPIT1 and EPIT2) and one General Purpose Timer (GPT).

The GPT is the one with Input Capture features, but it just has 2 inputs (GPT_CAPTURE1 and GPT_CAPTURE2).

Regarding PWM, there are 8 independent PWM timers (PWM-1 … PWM-8) that could be used separately.

From the software side, you could refer to the API Reference Manual of FreeRTOS BSP packages, available for download from the “Board Support Packages” section of the following link:

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/hardware-development-tools/sabre-development-system/...

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

andrariver
Contributor I

Thanks,  CarlosCasillas for responding to my question,

but now I am facing a problem with the FreeRTOS BSP Documentation, it seems that there are no example or documentation about generating PWM from the M4 side. Do you know anything about that?

thanks

0 Kudos