In which scenarios GDU Broken could occur in S12ZVM?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In which scenarios GDU Broken could occur in S12ZVM?

chdingding
Contributor II

Hi,

when I set PWM signal 100% duty, the motor's full speed is 2800rpm, and the current is about 37A,   I adjust PWM  duty

= 10%  let motor to stop, then i will  adjust PWM  duty = 100% suddenly,  Repeat a few times(run--stop---run------)as

soon as possible, after this GDU will broken. After I changed a new MCU, it will work.

what reasons can cause this problem?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

pachamatej
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I'm not sure what HW configuration do you use, but in general, GDU of MagniV devices is sensitive to voltages higher than 40 Volts. This can be easily achieved by inducing a high voltage on HD or CP/VCP pin (thus on DC-bus "+" pole) or on the motor phase pin (the overvoltage peak goes via the bootstrap capacitor, superposes on the 11V regulator voltage).

Use a higher sampling rate oscilloscope and higher bandwidth probe to measure the overvoltage peak. If the peak is there (higher than approx. 35 Volts), then consider to implement some RC-filters to the HD/CP/VCP or VBS pins as indicated in the reference manual (Figure 18-20 - optional filters - the same filter can be applied to the HD pin).

If the filter doesn't help, the power traces on PCB should be optimized in terms of parasitic inductance.

I hope it helps,

Best regards,

Matej

0 Kudos