x

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xuyuanzhi
Contributor I

When download the Imx8m's Image, the Imx8m EVK board use the J901 USB TYPE-C conncector. I wonder when use the Mfgtool download the Image through this port , the usb is running USB2.0 or USB3.0?  When downloading Image, if only the usb1_dp and usb1_dn is needed, the other usb signals is not neceasary? Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The boot ROM supports the USB OTG port for boot purposes. The other USB ports on the chip are not supported for boot. So, only OTG (USB2) signals (including OTG_ID) are involved in the serial boot mode.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Note, after boot ROM loads some primary bootloader, this bootloader can use USB3. 

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The boot ROM supports the USB OTG port for boot purposes. The other USB ports on the chip are not supported for boot. So, only OTG (USB2) signals (including OTG_ID) are involved in the serial boot mode.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
xuyuanzhi
Contributor I

"only OTG (USB2) signals (including OTG_ID) are involved in the serial boot mode".  Are you meaning that  : only OTG (USB1, not USB2) signals (including USB1_ID, USB1_DP, USB1_DN and USB1_VBUS) are involved in the serial downloading mode? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Correct.

0 Kudos
xuyuanzhi
Contributor I

Thank you!

0 Kudos