iMX6 DualLite: IPU Test Generator Mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6 DualLite: IPU Test Generator Mode

markusforrer
Contributor I

I'm working on a bare-metal display driver. Actually a test pattern will be displayed: red -> green -> blue -> black -> white -> chess -> gray

I have not activated any test mode. Maybe this pattern will indicate an error (e.g. wrong frame buffer content)?

Thank you for any hints.

Kind regards

Markus

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

markwilliams
Senior Contributor I

We have seen similar patterns during development. The LCD source driver ICs on the panel itself have built-in self-test patterns similar to what you describe. Some LCDs have test pins on their interface cables that need to be terminated to prevent entering test mode. It might be worth checking this.

Mark

0 Kudos

markusforrer
Contributor I

Hello Mark

Thank you for your answer.

The hardware should be ok because Linux works fine. It must be a problem with the ipu configuration (bare-metal project).

Did you develop bare-metal too?

Regards

Markus

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Markus

for IPU test mode one can look at sect.19.3 Configuring the CSI Unit in Test Mode

i.MX53 System Development User’s Guide

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/MX53UG.pdf 

https://community.nxp.com/message/813460 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

markusforrer
Contributor I

Hello Igor

Thank you for you answer.

The thing is, the test mode runs without any activation. The registers to start the test mode are disabled. So I think the test mode (automatic activated) will inform about a mistake in the ipu configuration!?

Best regards

0 Kudos