AnsweredAssumed Answered

Manually converting project to MCUXpresso SDK

Question asked by SCOTT MILLER on Jun 21, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 10, 2018 by SCOTT MILLER

I can't seem to find any documentation on how to convert an existing project to use the MCUXpresso SDK.  I'm not expecting a tool to automatically replace my code, I'm just looking for instructions on how to link in the SDK and set everything up so that the configuration tools can run.

I have a feeling the answer is going to be 'create a new project and import your code and replicate the settings' but I'd really like to understand how the SDK setup works.  There's never been an embedded SDK or code generation tool that I didn't have to eventually bypass or replace pieces of and I hate working with black boxes.  I can't find any information on how the SDK package management works, either.  I know that ZIP files are kept in the user's mcuxpresso home directory and the project creation wizard apparently extracts files as needed. I can't find anything beyond that.

I've got two major projects I'd like to start converting, but I need to be able to replace a component at a time, starting with the clock and pin setup.  I'm working with a modified version of the bare metal USB stack v5 and it's going to take me some time to apply my modifications to the SDK's stack and I've got some peripheral drivers tuned for specific applications that I don't want to replace with SDK modules at all.

Thanks,

Scott

Outcomes