Where did the nice window manager go in 4.9.88_2.0.0?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did the nice window manager go in 4.9.88_2.0.0?

Jump to solution
dennis3
Contributor V

The demo SD card I got with my i.mx7d board has kernel 4.1.15.  Linux boots and then loads an Xsession capable of calibrating the touch screen, connecting to a wireless network, running x11vnc, some demos etc.

I built a 4.9.88_2.0.0 image with the yocto build system (Also tried the prebuilt images to make sure) and Xorg is pretty much stock/empty.  It won't start without modifying xorg.conf because the Driver line specifying vivante fails to load any drivers.  If I remove that and just use Driver "fbdev" I can get it to launch Xorg.  From there I can launch a window manager and X programs.  I found several of the demos, a window manager and other odds and ends.  

Am I missing a layer somewhere that contains all the configuration details to launch everything in a nice way?  There seem to be other common configuration files not included in the build.. example /etc/network/interfaces

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
dennis3
Contributor V

After further comparisons with the older image, it seems this is actually just an issue with Xorg not starting due to the missing vivante driver listed in the xorg.conf.  The rest of the matchbox application links and samples are in fact available if X starts correctly at boot.  

Touchscreen calibration/input doesn't seem to be working though... on to the next problem. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dennis3
Contributor V

After further comparisons with the older image, it seems this is actually just an issue with Xorg not starting due to the missing vivante driver listed in the xorg.conf.  The rest of the matchbox application links and samples are in fact available if X starts correctly at boot.  

Touchscreen calibration/input doesn't seem to be working though... on to the next problem. 

0 Kudos
weidongzhou
Contributor I

Dennis,

xorg changes touchscreen support from xinput-calibrator to TransformationMatrix. You may check if libinput hit your issue.

Weidong

0 Kudos