cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

processor expert for mc9s08dz60

laura
Contributor I
hi
Ive asked some questions here and people nicely answered but because of the fact Im having trouble with many things I thought I could program easier using processor expert. I dont know the reason why I cannot do it. I open codewarrior and begin a new project ad when I choose my demoboard i dont have the option of processor expert, do I need some kind of patch? if I do, where can i find it? can I program a CAN with that? thanks!
laura
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

laura
Contributor I
hey!
I downloaded the .exe you told me anda installed it. At the beginning I though it was working because I had the option of Processor Expert but when I finish the initialization box and it begins to open everything it says: "Selected CPU MC9S08DZ60 is not supported by Processor Expert. Do you want to select different CPU?". It seems im missing a file called DZ60.pe and I cant find it on this webpage, do you know where can I find it?
0 Kudos

ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III
I'm sorry I haven't realized that you need to install the Processor Expert v2.99 Service Pack to add this processor support too. The service pack is available from this page.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team
UNIS
0 Kudos

ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III
What version of Processor Expert are you using? It seems you are using some older version of Processor Expert where the MC9S08DZ60 service pack is missing. You probably need to download and install the "CW08 V5.1 DZ/DV/DN/DE/EN Service Pack" to add this processor support. The service pack is available from this page.

However we recommend to install the newest version of Code Warrior (v6.2) where the support of MC9S08DZ60 is delivered within installation.

Yes, you can program CAN bus through the Init_MSCAN (Peripheral initialization bean) or FreescaleCAN (Hi-level bean) in Processor Expert. More information about beans can be found in "Processor Expert Help" in chapter "Embedded beans" after unfolding "Application Design"/"Basic Principles".

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team
UNIS
0 Kudos