LPC1850 - soft reset - SPIFI Boot - KEIL UV5 RTX

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1850 - soft reset - SPIFI Boot - KEIL UV5 RTX

scotthudis
Contributor I

My system is a LPC1850 with IDE KEIL UV5 RTX and I boot from SPIFI.  That being said I am trying to do a soft reboot.  My hardware is set and I do not have an external pull-up P2-7.   

I have tried;

*(volatile unsigned int *)0x40043100 = 0x10400000; //memmap with boot ROM address
    *(volatile unsigned int *)0x40053100 =(1<<0); // Core reset

But I suspect since I don't have a pull up on P2-7 this will not work.

Do I need to update the OTP?  If so, I cant seem to find a function in the Keil IDE.  I sure could use your help!  Thanks.

Update:

I updated the OTP to boot SPIFI and it did not correct the problem.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

scotthudis
Contributor I

Is there an ISP pin workaround?  Is there anyway to do a soft reset without pulling up the ISP pin? 

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Scott Hudis,
1) Is there an ISP pin workaround?  Is there anyway to do a soft reset without pulling up the ISP pin?
-- I'm afraid that these's no way to do that.
Hope this is clear.
Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

scotthudis
Contributor I

The call to NVIC_SystemReset() brings no joy and according to the Errata it should not work.  I think the only way to get Core Reset to work is to pull P2.7 high which means a hardware change I am trying to avoid.  Does anyone have a work around?

Errata Resetp2.png

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Scott Hudis,
I've illustrated the way to boot from the QSPI flash after resetting in the previous reply, and the 3.18 RESET.2 shows a workaround to software reset, in my opinion, it definitely can implement your purpose.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

scotthudis
Contributor I

Jeremy,  I did try what you suggested a few different ways without success and then noted the errata that indicated that what was suggested will not work.  It is precisely what I am doing a Soft Reset.  Besides, in the table suggested, if the ISP is not pulled high the soft boot gets stuck in ISP mode (USART0) (see box below).  With P2-7 pulled high the 2 lines

*(volatile unsigned int *)0x40043100 = 0x10400000; 
    *(volatile unsigned int *)0x40053100 =(1<<0);

work great.  I assure you "NVIC_SystemReset()" does not work even with P2-7 pulled high.  I have tried it multiple times with LPC1850.  What am I misunderstanding?  Is there a workaround?  Am I looking at the wrong bits of figure 11?

ISP low.png

Regards,

Scott

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Scott Hudis,
According to 3.18 RESET.2 in errata, the following codes is the workaround to software reset, and your understand is correct.
*(volatile unsigned int *)0x40043100 = 0x10400000;
*(volatile unsigned int *)0x40053100 =(1<<0);
Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Scott Hudis,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
the opportunity to serve you.
The Fig 11 demonstrates the boot process for parts without flash and according to the Fig 11, BOOT_SRC bits and boot pins both can force MCU to enter related ISP mode.
About generating a software reset, please call NVIC_SystemReset() instead of
    *(volatile unsigned int *)0x40043100 = 0x10400000; //memmap with boot ROM address
    *(volatile unsigned int *)0x40053100 =(1<<0); // Core reset

Fig1.jpg
Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos