cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN5168 can't enter program mode

tongwenwei
Contributor I

Hello:

I'm now using the JN5168 , I used to enter program mode like(SPIMISO low -> RESET low -> RESET high ->SPIMISO high),and it always work.But just now ,I want to test the deep sleep function ,and after I downloaded a new firmware .I find that I can't enter the program mode anymore! When I operate RESET low and RESET high ,the device restart ,just like the SPIMISO pin doesn't work anymore

How can I reslove the problem,is there any other way to reprogram or erase the chip? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

stefanenthoven
Contributor I

I have a similar problem. After downloading new firmware it will still enter programming mode but will not respond to programming commands and firmware does not behave correctly.

I had no problems on evaluation kit, only with new modules bought after.

My best guess is firmware and bootloader have been corrupted somehow.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Do you mean something like the Flash Programming User Guide?

Did you modify an example or did you use one available from an application note? 

Regards, 

Estephania

0 Kudos

tongwenwei
Contributor I

Hello:

As you said,I do the samething like the User Guide.And it always works,unfortunately just after I downloaded one test firmware ,the chip can not be programmed anymore! Maybe I set something wrong by mistake.When I released the reset button like the section b of step 4 in User Guide,the chip just reset instead of entering the program mode! I'm sure I haven't released the program button,but the situation did not change

Do you know how to fix it?Or the possible reason ?

Regards,

Tongwenwei 

0 Kudos