I am using ls1012aFRDM development board. I used following method to add my application executable file in rootfs
1. rename your RAM disk image to rootfs.ext2.gz.uboot
2. sudo apt-get install u-boot-tools
3.dd if=rootfs.ext2.gz.uboot of=rootfs.ext2.gz bs=64 skip=1
4. gunzip rootfs.ext2.gz
5. mkdir /mnt/iso_1
6. sudo mount -oloop rootfs.ext2 /mnt/iso_1
7. Now, I copped files into appropriate location under “./mnt/iso_1” directory.
8. sudo umount /mnt/iso_1
9. gzip -9 rootfs.ext2
10 mkimage -A arm64 -O linux -T ramdisk -C gzip -n 'rootfs.ext2.gz.uboot' -d rootfs.ext2.gz rootfs.ext2.gz.uboot
My questions are
1. Is the above method is correct.
2. How to create kernel.itb with this file system.
3. While create mkimage, What should be the Load Address and Entry Point address for rootfs and kernel image
4. I also tried files/merge method, but it gives following error after performing bitbake fsl-image-core
WARNING: Duplicate inclusion for /home/nntechsol/source/yacto/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/sources/meta-virtualization/conf/distro/include/virt_security_flags.inc in /home/nntechsol/source/yacto/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/sources/meta-virtualization/conf/layer.conf
ERROR: QA Issue: merge-files: Recipe inherits the allarch class, but has packaged architecture-specific binaries [arch]
WARNING: QA Issue: /home/root/hello.elf_merge-files contained in package merge-files requires libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit), but no providers found in its RDEPENDS [file-rdeps]
ERROR: QA run found fatal errors. Please consider fixing them.
ERROR: Function failed: do_package_qa
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/nntechsol/source/yacto/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_ls1012afrdm/tmp/work/all-fsl-linux/merge-files/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_package_qa.24128
ERROR: Task 1288 (/home/nntechsol/source/yacto/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/sources/meta-freescale/recipes-extended/merge-files/merge-files_1.0.bb, do_package_qa) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 3491 tasks of which 3479 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish:
Summary: 1 task failed:
Summary: There were 31 WARNING messages shown.
Summary: There were 3 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.
So please suggest