cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TBDML on JB16 20 pin variant

Laz_e_Boy
Contributor I
Hi,
I got some samples of JB16JDWE ,but a 20 pin variant.Can i use this in place of the old 28 pin Jb16 variant.I plan to flash the TBDML code of the 28 pin JB16. Will it affect the functionality altogether? Any body having success with 20 pin JB16?
Please help me on this.
LazeBoy
0 Kudos
12 Replies

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear LazeBoy,

I've attached a Schematic and Hex file for a variant of the TBDML that you can use.  This is a variant of USBDM (see http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=TBDML&thread.id=240) configured to be compatible with the TBDML driver.

bye

tbdml_compatible_jb162_s19.zip

usbdm_jb16_soic_jb16jdwe.pdf

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-10-26 01:54 PM
0 Kudos

brain
Contributor I

Hi all :smileysad:

I made the tbdml JB16 20 Soic minimal,  enter in ICP mode and use the ICPUSB.exe to mass erase and program the .s19 (tbdml compatible). But when i reconnect the device enter in icp mode again and pc not recognizes like BDM  neither CW.

What's missing? i'm using CW 6.1.

thanks to all.

pd: sorry if the question is very basic, I'm really newbie with Freescale.

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear Brain,

I presume you are using the .s19 file appearing earlier in this thread?

The BDM will boot into ICP mode if any of the following are true:

1. PTA.1 is held low

2. The Flash image checksum is incorrect

3. There is a loopback from BKGD to RESET pins on the BDM connector.

So things to check:

1. PTA.1 should be open.

2. Make sure when programming the flash that the appropriate configuration file is used.  If in doubt use the one attached.  Use the verify option to confirm that it's programmed correctly.

3. Not much chance of something wrong here!

I tried the above .s19 file with a 28 pin device and it booted correctly.  I don't have a 20p device to check but it would be unlikely to be different as it is the same chip in a different package (I believe).

Let me know if any of the above helps.

Good luck.

pgo

initial_programming_masserase.zip

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-10-26 01:53 PM
0 Kudos

brain
Contributor I

Dear pgo,

yes i use that .s19....

i program with the configuration file you pass to my and verify...... this works.

Now when reconnect the device, the computer says "new USB device" and the driver don't work   :smileysad: and thats all... no more ICP mode, no tbdml :smileysad:.

what can i do?

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear Brain,

The information in this thread was in response to a specific query about the 20-pin package and is incomplete.

Please refer to the following thread for complete information about USBDM which will probably solve your problems:

http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=TBDML&thread.id=240

See the last upload in that thread for the complete USBDM zip files which include installation instructions in the help file.

It also includes the required driver files.

bye

Message Edited by pgo on 2009-08-28 01:19 PM
0 Kudos

brain
Contributor I

:smileyindifferent:

Dear PGO, i read all the thread but the device still not working..... maybe the hardware is wrong,

can you take a look?

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5379/schm.jpg

realy thanks

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear Brain,

It is unlikely that that there is a hardware error that would allow the original programming yet prevent the operation as a USB device.  The symptoms you described earlier (no driver) sound like a software problem.

Use the window's device manager to uninstall the device.

Plug in the device and when prompted provide the drivers included with the ORIGINAL USBDM zip files.

If the above doesn't work, try running the  testlibusb software and see if the device appears and what it is decribed as.

Also check how the device appears in device manager.

Finally - your schematic is missing some connections.  Please check it against the schematic provided earlier in this thread!

bye

0 Kudos

brain
Contributor I

Hi pgo

I remake the pcb to fix the missing links but still not working, then check the windows device manager and appears "? USB device".when Run the testlibusb say "tbdml not found".

Maybe I'm not understanding ok the schematic, the vdd_tbdml is the same as USB_+5v? in my schematic put a external vdd_tbdml (this wrong?). the last question, what is TP1?.

thanks a lot.

Sorry for being so problematic :-S
0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear brain,

What schematic are you referring to?

I assumed you were building the USBDM design given earlier in this discussion thread

http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/attachments/freescale/TBDML/305/2/USBDM_JB16_SOIC_JB16JDWE.pdf

I can't find the nodes you mentioned on this schematic so I'm unsure what you mean.

In the above design there are three 'Power' rails:

5V - The 5V directly from the USB bus- Used to poser the JB16DWE.

VDD_BDM - The target voltage supply (i.e. FROM the target) - used to power the 74LV125A

Vusb - The internal USB driver supply used by the JB16JDWE (Vreg pin) - This should not be connected to  anything apart from the bypass caps.

They are clearly marked and separate!

I note on your schematic you have connected Vreg pin to Vee - very confusing!  Vee usually means the most negative supply - in this case ground.

bye

Message Edited by pgo on 2009-09-09 03:19 PM
0 Kudos

BabYDarK
Contributor I
Dear pzo,

Can you post the configuration file you used to compile this variant of USBDM.

BabYDarK
0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V
Dear BabYDarK,

The configuration is basically the same as the existing TBDML build, but with (PLATFORM==TBDML) defined so that it works directly with the standard TBDML driver, and a very minor change to the LED definitions.

It will appear as a build in the next upload - The code has changed somewhat from the last uploaded so it wouldn't be much use providing the TBDML_JB16.h file by itself.

bye

Message Edited by pgo on 2008-12-24 01:44 PM
0 Kudos

Witztronics
Contributor IV
0 Kudos