AnsweredAssumed Answered

JTAG Debugging on JN5168

Question asked by Matt Ferrari on Jun 15, 2018

The JN516x Data Sheet, Chapter 14 says:

JTAG Test Interface
The JN516x includes an IEEE1149.1 compliant JTAG port for the purpose of manufacturing test. The software debugger is not supported with this product.

Does this mean that I can't use the BeyondStudio IDE to do JTAG Debugging (breakpoints, etc...) on the JN5168 Module?  If JTAG debugging IS supported, then what is the meaning of this statement?

If JTAG debugging is supported, I'd like to make a provision on my target PCB to connect the Beyond Debug Key directly to my target PCB.  I have reviewed the information in the Beyond Debug Key document, but is there an NXP App Note specifically showing how to accomplish the JTAG interface to the JN5168 (e.g. Pull-Up resistors, specific connections, any necessary adjustments in the build (or otherwise) to use JTAG Debugging?

Surely this must be a common question, but I don't seem to be able to find any single definitive document with instructions about how to do this.

Thanks in advance for answering the above questions and for pointing me to the appropriate document(s).

Matt

Outcomes