cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DRM104 SD Card Reader Firmware for MC9S08JM60

RSteger
Contributor II
Hello:

I've been reading the DRM104 reference design and already have my hardware set up for the SD card reader. The document says that firmware sources are available in reference materials, but I'm unable to find them on the website. Is this firmware available for testing?

Thank you,

Ron

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

w8abz
Contributor II
RSteger and all,

If you go to the S08JM product page and select the "documentation" tab, then scroll down to the app notes, the DRM104 app note has the DRM104SW.zip right under it.  Is this the firmware you wanted?

I've seen DRM104 links on other pages with the corresponding software link NOT on the page.  This is the only page I've seen with both.... had to remember where the heck it was and how to get there.

Here's a link to the page:  http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=S08JM&fpsp=1&tab=Documentation_Tab    The DRM104SW link is about halfway down.  (Sorry if this link is split across lines...)

I used the base SPI routines from the DRM104 software as examples to modify some SD card apps for 9S12xx to get an SD card working with a 9S08QE32 with FatFS.  But the DRM104 doesn't do the whole FAT file system -- it just handles a few simple SCSI commands/responses between the PC and the SD card -- read a sector, write a sector, device status.  The PC really does all the work.... cheaters!  Now getting FatFS shoehorned into a QE32 -- THAT was quite a trick with only 2k of RAM!

Anyway, the DRM104SW code is not too bad.  You should have no problem getting your SD card going with it.

Regards,
Dale, W8ABZ

0 Kudos

RSteger
Contributor II
W8ABZ,

You are correct, it was difficult to find because there are other pages that do not include the software link.

DRM104SW works fine. It's true that the PC does all the work with the SCSI interface, but in this case the goal is just to give a PC access to the card. This PC access in combination with FatFs on the MCU gives you a really good system for data logging.

Regards,

Ron

0 Kudos

damago
Contributor I
Hello,

please, could you also send the source code to me? i'm developing a system with this micro and SD card.

My email is: damago@ono.com

EDIT: oops! i've to search before ask. For people asking for this source code, is on:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=DEMOJM&fpsp=1&tab=Documentation_Tab

Thanks. Dani.

Message Edited by damago on 2008-11-11 08:05 PM
0 Kudos

erooll
Contributor II
Give me an e-mail in order to send you a zip file with the project
0 Kudos

RSteger
Contributor II
Hi, here is my e-mail:

rosteger@yahoo.com

Thanks for taking the time!
Best regards,

Ron
0 Kudos

celsoken
Contributor V
Dear Erool,

If I am not asking too much, pls send it to me too.
My email is celsoken@brturbo.com.br.

Thanks in advance,

Celso
0 Kudos