How to send control settings to TFA9882

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send control settings to TFA9882

rajeshreddy
Contributor I

Hi I am using KL17Z256VFT4 and TFA9882 to play some audio sounds via I2S (SAI)

Here KL17 acts as a master.

I want to set the control settings to TFA9882 to adjust gain settings before playing the audio.

As mentioned in the data, I was trying to pull low the FS line(by configuring the FS line as gpio and pulled low) and send 128 bytes of control data on the I2S line, But i can't see any data going on the i2s.

After sending the control data i switched back the FS line from gpio to i2s line and send the audio. in this case audio data can go in i2s line.

So can you please let me know is there any other way to send the control data to TFA9882.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Rajesh,

I have checked the data sheet of TFA9882, from hardware perspective, I think it is okay:

KL17,                                                          First  TFA9882,    Second  TFA9882 

I2s0_TX_FS                                                WSL,                     WSR

I2S0_TXD0                                                  DATA                    DATA

I2S0_TX_BCLK                                            BCK                      BCK

For example, you use PTA13 as I2S0_TX_FS, in the case, you can configure the I2S0_TX_FS as GPIO output as PTA13 by setting the MUX bits in PORT register, it is okay.

If you want to transfer controlling bytes, you can clear the PTA3, then you can use I2S0 module to transfer controlling bytes, it is okay. In the case, the I2S0 transmitter is master mode.

You said that the I2S0 module works fine, if it is the case, just configure the I2S0_TX_FS  pin as PTA13, i suppose I2S0 works fine.

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos