Usecure S12Z controller via debug interface

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usecure S12Z controller via debug interface

markuskandler
Contributor I

Is it possible with CodeWarrior and the PE-Micro debugger to unsecure a S12Z controller when knowing the backdoor key without performing a mass erase or is this only possible from the firmware side? The option is available when creating a flash task but it cannot be selected.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

markuskandler
Contributor I

Thank you very much

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you are welcome!

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

markuskandler
Contributor I

I just wondered because in the manual for Codewarrior-10.6 it is described as it should work. I've added the corresponding section:Secure_Unsecure.PNG

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Markus,

This feature works for some other devices (for example Qorivva) but doesn't work for S12Z with P&E interface.

I am also checking this with developer parallel. I will let you know if I get update.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Makus

No, CW doesn't have this feature. if your flash is secured with backdoor key and you don't want to do mass erase, you have to unusecure flash by means of backdoor access via SCI/CAN,etc interface.  
From what I know, this feature is not implement in CW10 for unsecure flash with backdoor key

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos