Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5748G hsm enabled, board in reset loop

Jump to solution
k_mazur
Contributor II

Hey guys,

I managed to enable the HSM but now the board is stuck in a reset loop and after 2 resets S32 asks for jtagpassword, which i dont know.

I didnt do anything fancy, I unlocked the utest area and wrote the DCF record(using some of the code from program and erase example). The utest area is now locked again.

The issue is that i would like to get the board back up and running since i dont know what went wrong. I managed to get my hands on a spare Lauterbach and from what i can see everything is fine, the utest area is locked, DCF is written, HSE and HSB both = 1.

Update1: I stepped the board using lauterbach and it turns out it fails when it gets to BAF area, specifically at 0x004057C6

Update2: the part at which it fails is the destructive reset register.

1 Solution
k_mazur
Contributor II

solution found, we needed the SHE firmware flash script... clearer documentation would be helpful next time

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
rahulramakrishn
Contributor III

How do you enable the HSM? I want to enable HSM in my board. I am using MPC5748G LCEVB. Can you help me for enabling HSM? 

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

It is quite simple.

You have to program HSM enable DCF record into UTEST flash memory in first available space starting from 0x400300 address. HSM enable record is described in security reference manual.

I cannot share it here on community as it is confidential.

Peter

0 Kudos
k_mazur
Contributor II

solution found, we needed the SHE firmware flash script... clearer documentation would be helpful next time

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Well, this is quire sensitive theme and I cannot share information from security reference manual here.

But here is the general scheme:

pastedImage_1.png

So for correct HSM boot you need to have valid boot header in the correct bootable location. All HSM bootable locations are described in security reference manual.

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Well it looks like you don't have correct RCHW programmed.

As the BAF is not able to find valid program bootable start address.

Peter

k_mazur
Contributor II

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply, how can i do this, do i need to program the hsm baf record(the one that has no documentation at all) on page 2833 or a normal one like shown on page 2839 of the reference document.

I also noticed there is a bootloader example in s32 and it's .rbf file sets the 16kb hsm block area, should i use that as a guide?

0 Kudos