cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

u-boot recompile

Jump to solution
kzambrano
Contributor III

I have a need to recompile u-boot. All I can find is a blurb in LS1046_AN5340.pdf in section 4.2, which is exactly what I need, but  is short on details.

--------------------

4.2 Other Options
Once the board is set-up and configured appropriately, the following sections will step you through alternative deployment
methods.
4.2.1 Build U-Boot and RCW without Yocto Project and
Program to QSPI Flash
Execute the commands below to program a new U-Boot and RCW to QSPI boot without using Yocto Project:
1. Compile QSPI boot image (enable QSPI):
$make distclean ARCH=aarch64 CROSS_COMPILE=${toolchain_path}/gcc-linaro-aarch64-linuxgnu-
4.9-2014.07_linux/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-
$make ARCH=aarch64 $ls1046ardb_qspi_defconfig
$make CROSS_COMPILE=${toolchain_path}/gcc-linaro-aarch64-linux-gnu-4.9-2014.07_linux/bin/
aarch64-linux-gnu- -j4

-------------------

Can someone fill in the blanks, such as, how do I get the U-BOOT source (expect NXP would provide, is it in the SDK?) and where do the steps above take place. I think I  can handle the rest.

Much Gras!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Use the following command sequence for generation u-boot source if LSDK 18.03 flex-builder is used:

source setup.env

flex-builder -c firmware -a arm64

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Use the following command sequence for generation u-boot source if LSDK 18.03 flex-builder is used:

source setup.env

flex-builder -c firmware -a arm64

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

kzambrano
Contributor III

Ok,

After a bit of digging a come across QORIQ_LS1046A_BSP_V0-4_REV-A, which contained what I needed in section 2.3. Once you setup your environment by sourcing fsl-setup-env using ls1046ardb, you are ready to build using bitbake. Note, the  SDK is required (Yocto Project), so make sure you go through those steps first.

0 Kudos