cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with FEI mode, kinetis bootloader 2.0

alexco
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the clock configuration while using the freedom bootloader 2.0 on a K66 :

For my application I need to use the default FEI mode, Idrive peripherals like FTM, I2c and DSPI,  and it perfectly worked without bootloader. 

The problem is, I have adapted and loaded my application with the bootloader and none of the peripherals seemed to start...

So I tried BOARD_BootClockRUN() in my application with a clock_config.c, and it worked ... only for PBE mode, I tried also for FEI but the application seems to be stuck.

Normally when the bootloader jump to the application it is supposed to set the FEI mode right ? Maybe I missed some initialisations in the bootloader config...

I'm a beginner, thanks for your comprehension, 

Regards,

Alex

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi alexco

Are you using freedom_bootloader in release mode? If so, please go to the file clock_config_MK66F18.c, you may have the configure_clocks function disable with a #if macro, so please enable it with 1:

pastedImage_1.png

This function is used in the clock_config_init and in the shutdown_cleanup process of the bootloader.

Hope this helps

Best regards

Jorge Alcala

alexco
Contributor I

Hi Jorge,

Thanks a lot for your help, 

I am effectively in release mode for the freedom_bootloader, unfortunately I have tried to enable this section, and it still doesn't work for FEI.

Btw I have good results with a PEE config (I used ConfigTool  to generate my clock_config) and I think I going to use it if the problem persists.

Best regards,

Alex

0 Kudos

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alexco

Are you able to share what application code did you try? I test with FTM driver example provided with the SDK package and it works without problem

Best regards

Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos