Interoperating Linux/Windows environments

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interoperating Linux/Windows environments

lmatte
Contributor II

I'm trying(!) to copy a CW DSC workspace with PE components (DSC 56F8037, CW 11.0) from Windows to a Linux environment (CW 10.2, as the latest), and it appears (to me) as hard as converting from a totally different world.

The paths are all a mess, since the Windows version doesn't just save them with backslashes ('\') instead of slashes ('/') but it also mixes all the uppercase/lowercase naming, see as an example

"${CW_Compiler}\M56800E Support\msl\MSL_C\DSP_56800E\lib"

"${CW_Compiler}\m56800e support\msl\msl_c\dsp_56800e\lib\msl c 56800e.lib"

these two above are in the same Settings page for DSC Linker (and yes, the second is not even close to real names on disk); on Windows it works (by chance, I'd say), on Linux it won't.

Since I'm finding a lot of weird settings like these, I wonder if is there a recommended way to port code between the two host platforms -- just before I need to almost reconstruct everything (...)

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Luca,

CW10.2 is a very old CW version. We no longer recommend.

If you want to import windows version project to it, I suggest you manually create a new project under 10.2, in import source code part by part, then adjust settings.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

lmatte
Contributor II

Hi Jennie,

your answer blew me away, due to a couple of points:

• CW10.2 is the latest Linux package that can be downloaded from site: then you no longer recommend Linux development?
  • The problems during import are caused by errors generated by CW11.0 on Windows (again the latest delivered)

I will import code in a new project then(...)

Thanks,

Luca

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Luca,

I say CW10.2 is old because CW10.2 for linux was released six years ago (around 2012), together with CW10.2 windows version. Since then, no newer CW linux version has released anymore. after CW10.2, we have released several major versions (10.3,10.4,10.5,10,6,10.7,11.0 ) which fixed many old version defects and add new chips. Thus we say 10.2 is old.

If you have a windows platform, I highly recommend you use windows platform with latest windows version. Personally I think CW10.2 is more suitable for the existing CW 10.2 linux users.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos