Build error after changing PACKAGE_CLASSES to package_deb

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build error after changing PACKAGE_CLASSES to package_deb

sevenlin
Contributor II

We would like to add apt-get into our yocto system.

Our environment:
BSP version: L4.9.88_imx8mq-ga,
EVM : i.MX8M

We have followed this link:
https://community.nxp.com/thread/325384

Currently, just changing PACKAGE_CLASSES to package_deb, then we would meet build error, so need someone to help us to provide the idea to resolve this problem.

[error log]

ERROR: linux-imx-4.9.88-r0 do_package_write_deb: Error executing a python function in exec_python_func() autogenerated:

The stack trace of python calls that resulted in this exception/failure was:
File: 'exec_python_func() autogenerated', lineno: 2, function: <module>
0001:
*** 0002:do_package_deb(d)
0003:
File: '/home/sevenl/NXP/SmartHub/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/meta/classes/package_deb.bbclass', lineno: 102, function: do_package_deb
0098:
0099: os.chdir(oldcwd)
0100:
0101: if error:
*** 0102: raise error
0103:}
0104:do_package_deb[vardeps] += "deb_write_pkg"
0105:do_package_deb[vardepsexclude] = "BB_NUMBER_THREADS"
0106:
Exception: subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command 'PATH="/home/sevenl/NXP/SmartHub/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/scripts:/home/sevenl/NXP/SmartHub/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland-imx8mqevk/tmp/work/imx8mqevk-poky-linux/linux-imx/4.9.88-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/aarch64-poky-linux:/home/sevenl/NXP/SmartHub/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland-imx8mqevk/tmp/work/imx8mqevk-poky-linux/linux-imx/4.9.88-r0/recipe-sysroot/usr/bin/crossscripts:/home/sevenl/NXP/SmartHub/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland-imx8mqevk/tmp/work/imx8mqevk-poky-linux/linux-imx/4.9.88-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/sbin:/home/sevenl/NXP/SmartHub/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland-imx8mqevk/tmp/work/imx8mqevk-poky-linux/linux-imx/4.9.88-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin:/home/sevenl/NXP/SmartHub/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland-imx8mqevk/tmp/work/imx8mqevk-poky-linux/linux-imx/4.9.88-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/sbin:/home/sevenl/NXP/SmartHub/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland-imx8mqevk/tmp/work/imx8mqevk-poky-linux/linux-imx/4.9.88-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/bin:/home/sevenl/NXP/SmartHub/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/bitbake/bin:/home/sevenl/NXP/SmartHub/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland-imx8mqevk/tmp/hosttools" dpkg-deb -b /home/sevenl/NXP/SmartHub/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland-imx8mqevk/tmp/work/imx8mqevk-poky-linux/linux-imx/4.9.88-r0/packages-split/kernel-module-snd-usbmidi-lib-4.9.88-imx_4.9.88_2.0.0_ga+g5e23f9d /home/sevenl/NXP/SmartHub/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland-imx8mqevk/tmp/work/imx8mqevk-poky-linux/linux-imx/4.9.88-r0/deploy-debs/imx8mqevk' returned non-zero exit status 2

Subprocess output:
dpkg-deb: error: package name has characters that aren't lowercase alphanums or '-+.'

ERROR: linux-imx-4.9.88-r0 do_package_write_deb: Function failed: do_package_deb
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/sevenl/NXP/SmartHub/imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland-imx8mqevk/tmp/work/imx8mqevk-poky-linux/linux-imx/4.9.88-r0/temp/log.do_package_write_deb.53096
ERROR: Task (/home/sevenl/NXP/SmartHub/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx_4.9.88.bb:do_package_write_deb) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 3525 tasks of which 3524 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Summary: 1 task failed:
/home/sevenl/NXP/SmartHub/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx_4.9.88.bb:do_package_write_de

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I apologize for the delay.

Have you tried to follow the below document?

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-328199 

Best Regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

sevenlin
Contributor II

Hi Diego,

Yes, I have tried to follow the document - Yocto Project Package Management - smart 

But I also got an information that is :

smart was replaced with dnf in Yocto 2.3 from yoctoproject.org

Since our Yocto version is after Yocto2.3, do you have any other way to build-in "apt-get" on current Yocto version?

Thanks! 

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Finally, after some hard work, I could make part of the document work.

As I mentioned, the document work, only that it needs to be changed some things to make it work in the i.mx8mq.

First, I needed to build the fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx, since the ethernet connection does not work for the core-image-minimal.

Second, the symboling link needed to be changed from imx6qsd to imx8mq, after that you only need to follow the steps normally. However, I could only make it work the first smart channel command, the other two does not work, I still do not know the reason why does not work.

Furthermore, as far as I know, the "apt" command does not exist for the yocto distributions, you will need to use the "smart" command.

I hope this can help you.

Best Regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

sevenlin
Contributor II

Hello,

Does anyone could give us the hint about this error for adding "apt-get" on i.MX8M?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos