On/Off Cluster Server on Sleeping End Device(SED)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On/Off Cluster Server on Sleeping End Device(SED)?

georgiradkov
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm trying to add On/Off cluster Server to JN-AN-1220-Zigbee-3-0-Sensors - LightSensor. I need to control state of the SED, not only receive sensor readings.

Q1: Is it possible to create device that sleeps, but after it awakes it pools parent for data and changes it on/off state?

Q2: Does JN5168 retain its outputs in sleep mode?

Q3: ZigBee 3.0 Stack User Guide(JN-UG-3113) says that SED should wake up in 7 seconds or the parent discards data. Is it true, or I'm missing something? The sleep time interval should be less than 7 seconds, right?

1.jpg

Q4: Is there a way to implement Sleeping Device(based on Zigbee3.0) that controls lights/actuators/relays. Or it should be based on Zigbee Router.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Georgi,

Q1: Is it possible to create a device that sleeps, but after it awakes it pools parent for data and changes it on/off state?

Yes, Please look at the ZPS_eAplZdoPoll. Take as reference the JN-AN-1229 example, sleep end device

Q2: Does JN5168 retain its outputs in sleep mode?

Sleep mode

the state of DIO pins are retained, including the output values and pull-up enables, and this, therefore, preserves any interface to the outside world.

Data Sheet: JN516x

Q3: ZigBee 3.0 Stack User Guide(JN-UG-3113) says that SED should wake up in 7 seconds or the parent discards data. 

This is important if the SED is polling data from his parent. You will lose that data after that time.

Q4: Is there a way to implement Sleeping Device(based on Zigbee3.0) that controls lights/actuators/relays. Or it should be based on Zigbee Router.

Please look at the JN-AN-1229. Zigbee 3.0

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos