IMX6Q with Oreo: Uboot stop at stopped at “Jumping to OS image.” without going further.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6Q with Oreo: Uboot stop at stopped at “Jumping to OS image.” without going further.

bensonwu
Contributor III

I am porting Android 8.0 (Oreo) on our head Unit ( imx6q )

However, I met a problem . When I executed download image via mfgtool , the mfgtool stopped at “Jumping to OS image.” without going further.

My procedure is listed as follows:

1. Generate   MX6Q_SDA9_DDR3_2GB_64bit_Benson.inc with I.MX6DQSDL DDR3 Script Aid V0.10.
  2. Execute DDR_Tester.exe(V2.8) and download the script: MX6Q_SDA9_DDR3_2GB_64bit_Benson.inc with I.MX6DQSDL DDR3 Script Aid V0.10.
  3. Perform calibration successfully (log is attached)
  4. Apply the registers in  step 3 & MX6Q_SDA9_DDR3_2GB_64bit_Benson.inc with I.MX6DQSDL DDR3 Script Aid V0.10. to source code@ at ${MY_ANDROID}/vendor/nxp-opensource/uboot-imx/board/freescale/mx6sabresd/
    • plugin.s
    • mx6q_sabresd.c
    • mx6q_4x_mt41j128.cfg
  5. Follow ch3.2 in user guide to build images
     source build/envsetup.sh
     lunch sabresd_6dq-userdebug
     make 2>&1 | tee build-log.txt
    Copy the generated files (boot-imx6q.img, system.img, recovery-imx6q.img, u-boot-imx6q.imx from ${MY_ANDROID}/out/target/product/sabresd_6dq/ to $mfgtool \Profiles\Linux\OS Firmware\files\android\sabresd

6. Follow ch3.3 in user guide to build U-boot image .
     make mx6qsabresd_config
     make
    Copy the generated U-boot( u-boot-dtb.imx@${MY_ANDROID}/vendor/nxp-opensource/uboot-imx) to $mfgtool \Profiles\Linux\OS Firmware\firmware

7. Follow ch3.4 in user guide to build kernel ZImage
     make imx_v7_mfg_defconfig
     make KCFLAGS=-mno-android -j4
    Copy the generated image( ZImage@ ${MY_ANDROID}/vendor/nxp-opensource/kernel_imx/arch/arm/boot/zImage) to $mfgtool \Profiles\Linux\OS Firmware\firmware

8. Perform mfgtool(MfgTool.log)

I found there is one difference between my platform and sabresd .

Is that the root cause for my problem? Should I adjust something in Uboot?

In download mode

GPIO Override(SW6,BOOT_CFG)

Boot_Mode pin

Sabresd EVB

00001100 (from 1-8 bit, mfgtool download mode)

BM1=1, BM0=0(boot from internal)

My platform

11010110(from 1-8 bit, EMMC 8bit)

BM1=0, BM0=0(fuses)

In normal mode

GPIO Override(SW6,BOOT_CFG)

Boot_Mode pin

Sabresd EVB

11010110 (from 1-8 bit, EMMC 8bit)

My platform

11010110(from 1-8 bit, EMMC 8bit)

Labels (1)
8 Replies

crl6crl6
Contributor III

Hi Benson

Have you solved your problem? I have the same problem.  Can you give me a hint ?  i replace  android8.0_U-boot with android4.3_U-boot is ok, secureCRT had information。

0 Kudos

bensonwu
Contributor III

Hi crl6: I have switched to Android 6 and met the same problem.(mfgtool stop at "Jumping to OS image" and can't continue updater stage)...

Until yesterday, I found a strange symptom in my output log (mfgtool.log) .

Normally, the device should detach bootstrap device (mine is  VID_15A2&PID_0061) after "Jumping to OS image"  and enter to updater stage by attaching updater device ( mine is MSC#VID_066F&PID_37FF). My symptom detach  bootstrap device and attach bootstrap device always...  Then I check the level of my OTG ID, and its level stays lo. That means my device stay USB host instead of USB device. I tried to pull hi on OTG ID pin(manually) and then flash process can proceed to updater stage without problem  ! Later , I added some code in setup_usb in mx6sabresd.c to output GPIO hi to OTG ID and I  can flash without manual pull hi.

crl6crl6
Contributor III

Thank you for your reply.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Benson

for new board also mfg tools firmware (files in /firmware folder) should be rebuilt,

please follow sect.6.2 Manufacturing Tool, MFGTool attached Yocto Guide.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

bensonwu
Contributor III

I have rebuild u-boot-dtb.imx & ZImage and place them in firmware folder. Did I miss others?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

mfg tools firmware is fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx_mfgtools.cpio.gz.u-boot

0 Kudos

bensonwu
Contributor III

igorpadykov‌  Thank you for the hint. My built is for Android. Do you know how to build fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx_mfgtools.cpio.gz.u-boot for Android?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Benson

steps are described in sect.6.2 Manufacturing Tool, MFGTool attached previously Yocto Guide.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos