Saving window position and size

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving window position and size

scottm
Senior Contributor II

I think this is really an Eclipse limitation and not specific to MCUX, but I'm going to mention it here on the off chance that something can be done about it, because it annoys me to an unaccountable degree.

If you open the project properties or window preferences, the window always starts in the same place and with the same size.  It's sized to just barely fit everything in the current view (usually), and will resize automatically when looking at different items.  It does the resizing in place, which means that in the default starting position the window usually expands out across to my second monitor or off the bottom of the screen.

Basically every time I launch one of these windows I have to spend a few seconds positioning and resizing it and widening the left pane to make it easier to read everything.  If it could always come back up in the same place and with the same layout, that would be great.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

converse
Senior Contributor V

This is a feature of Eclipse (which calls these windows, Dialogs, BTW). I haven't tried it, but see the first comment in this 

Eclipse: multiple monitors / positioning of dialogs - Stack Overflow 

0 Kudos

scottm
Senior Contributor II

Hmm, it has the arrow with the context menu but there's no 'remember position' option.  This sort of thing always baffles me - Eclipse is written by and used by programmers, and you'd think more of them would be annoyed by these things.  Where are all of the other obsessives?

Probably using EMACS, I suppose...

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Scott,

The previous reply is correct.

Best Regards,

MCUXPRESSO IDE Support Team

0 Kudos