cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to instal SDK to MCUXpresso 10.0.2

shoaibshaikh
Contributor III

Dear All,

I am unable to instal a SDK by drag and drop in MCUXpresso. I also copied the file in C drive mcu folder but get the same error.

I am sure that I selected MCUXpresso as the Toolchain while building the SDK.

Could you kindly let me know how I can instal it.

SDK error.JPG

sdk error 2.JPG

Thanks,

Shoaib

8 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I've just realised that there aren't actually any standard eval boards fitted with a Kinetis K02 device. Thus as you have selected a K02 device in the MCU list, the IDE has filtered off all of the available boards.

Looking at the SDK downloads on mcuxpresso.nxp.com, it looks like the recommended eval boards for the K02 are actually the K22 FRDM and TWR boards, as per the below screenshot...

K02_downloads.jpg

To see these, you'll need to cancel the filter being done by the IDE.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

shoaibshaikh
Contributor III

Thanks for your reply!

I installed the SDK for both of them but encountered 'Device is secure' error message.

sdk error 5.JPG

I also tried changing the BDM Speed Communication shift frequency to lowest value and also adding 200ms ‘Delay after Reset’ but there was no change.

The circuit that I am using for downloading the code to MK02FN64VLH10 is as follows:

Pin 3: 3V

Pin 4: GND

Pin 22: SWD_CLK

Pin 25: SWD_DIO with 4.7k pullup resistor

Pin 26: NMI with 47k pullup resistor

Pin 34: RESET with 4.7k pullup and capacitor between pin and GND (I also tested by removing the capacitor)

This same circuit is working for MKV10Z32VLC7 microcontroller.

After I click debug, the power supply voltage on the MCU pins reduces from 3V to 2V.

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shoaib,

This last comment is not related with the original question, could you please create a new post with this new question?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

shoaibshaikh
Contributor III

ok, thanks!

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

SDK 2.4.0 is not compatible with MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2. You'll need to move to the current release, MCUXpresso IDE v10.2.0 :  https://community.nxp.com/community/mcuxpresso/mcuxpresso-ide/blog/2018/05/18/mcuxpresso-ide-v1020-n... 

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

shoaibshaikh
Contributor III

Thanks for your reply!

I was able to instal it in MCUXpresso 10.2 but when I try to import an sdk example, I dont see any board for selection.sdk error 3.JPG

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I suspect that the v2.4.0 SDKs you previously tried to install in IDE v10.0.2 are corrupted (within the IDE's installed SDK system). Delete any such SDKs that you previously tried to install in your MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2 world, then reinstall them in MCUXpresso IDE v10.2.0.

The safest way to do this in your particular case may be to simply close down the IDE, then delete the folder

• C:\Users\ {username} \mcuxpresso

(assuming you are on Windows)

then restart the IDE and reinstall your SDKs.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

shoaibshaikh
Contributor III

I followed the steps you suggested but I still don't see any board. I also have IDE v10.0.2 and 10.0.0 installed on the same system. Would they be affecting in some way?

0 Kudos