Unable to read the global variables from vxWorks Shell.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to read the global variables from vxWorks Shell.

Jump to solution
ravikumar1631
Contributor II

Hi,

I have a PPC T2080 target operating on vxWorks 5.4.2 RTOS. As vxWorks has a flat memory access environment, when I am trying to read a global variable from the shell, it end up with the message 'Undefined symbol'. The global variable is initialized with 0.

unsigned int rdyQCnt = 0;

But later when I initialized the variable with 1 (other than 0), I am able to read the value of this global variable from vxWorks shell.

unsigned int rdyQCnt = 1;

What I didn't understand is:

1. Global variable initialized with 0 resides in .bss section. But still not accessible from shell. why?

2. Global variable initialized with non-zero value,  resides in .data section. But still accessible from shell.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry, this question appears to be more specific to vxWorks OS than to NXP hardware.

We do not have engineers, familiar with vxWorks OS here, in NXP online technical support.

Please address your question to vxWorks OS vendor - Wind River (www.windriver.com)

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry, this question appears to be more specific to vxWorks OS than to NXP hardware.

We do not have engineers, familiar with vxWorks OS here, in NXP online technical support.

Please address your question to vxWorks OS vendor - Wind River (www.windriver.com)

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos