Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with the Watchdog example included in MCU Xpresso

Jump to solution
gabrielsantamar
Contributor I

Greetings,

I'm trying to implement a simple project using the watchdog (COP module), and first I tried the cop example under driver_examples category, where the watchdog actually resets the module, running all the code (F8) while debugging.

The problem was that, when I created a new project, I started by using exactly the same code of the cop.c file (where the main function is), but the project doesn't do the same as the example included, although the exactly same code was used for testing purposes.

Also, I checked that, in neither code (the example and my test project), the watchdog wasn't disabled in the startup_mkl43z4.c file.

thanks in advance,

Gabriel S.

IDE:

MCU Xpresso IDE v10.1.1

SDK:

SDK_2.x_FRDM-KL43Z

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

First of all, sorry for the delay reply.

I checked your attached project, there with DISABLE_WDOG macro definition at <system_MKL43Z4.h> file with "true" value:

#ifndef DISABLE_WDOG
  #define DISABLE_WDOG  1
#endif

After I make below modification, your project works:

#ifndef DISABLE_WDOG
  #define DISABLE_WDOG  0
#endif

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Sorry for the later reply.

What's the situation so far?

If possible, could you post your new created project for double check?

Have a great day,
Mike

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
gabrielsantamar
Contributor I

no worries,

Sure, here is the project I created, attached in this message. As you will see, there is no difference with the COP example included in the Code Examples in MCU Xpresso, but I wonder if maybe, there is a file included in the example code or a board configuration of something inside a file, that isn't included in the default projects made; the thing is that I can't see anything different, nor a missing file.

Thanks in advance, I hope you could help me discover this out.

Best regards,

Gabriel

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

First of all, sorry for the delay reply.

I checked your attached project, there with DISABLE_WDOG macro definition at <system_MKL43Z4.h> file with "true" value:

#ifndef DISABLE_WDOG
  #define DISABLE_WDOG  1
#endif

After I make below modification, your project works:

#ifndef DISABLE_WDOG
  #define DISABLE_WDOG  0
#endif

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Mike

gabrielsantamar
Contributor I

Hello,

Seems like I didn't checked in that file (instead, I was looking for any configuration relating the Watchdog in the startup_mkl43z4.c file), but I can confirm that what you told solved my problem.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Gabriel

0 Kudos