S12ZVL maximum supply voltage

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S12ZVL maximum supply voltage

huang_hw
Contributor II

What is the maximum supply voltage to S12ZVL?

I see that it is documented to be a 12V/18V nominal supply voltage. There is also a note in the reference manual that  "Operation in the range 20V<VSUP<26.5V is limited to 1 hour over lifetime of the
device. In this range the device continues to function but electrical parameters are degraded
 ".

I have an existing system with a 19.8V power supply. Can I use this to power the S12ZVL?

More particularly:

a) What happens if say I operate from a 23V power supply. Can I do this permanently if  I can accept "electrical parameters are degraded". (I am NOT using the S12ZVL for any analogue function)

0 Kudos
1 Reply

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,
I have to modify my previous answer. Based on the last information I have received, the footnote:
“Operation in the range 20V<VSUP<26.5V is limited to 1 hour over lifetime of the device. In this range the device continues to function but electrical parameters are degraded",
will not be removed as I was informed two weeks ago but modified to:
“Operation up to VSUP=28.5V is limited to 1 hour over lifetime of the device. In this range the device continues to function but electrical parameters are degraded.”

But this doesn’t mean that the device can be used at this voltage continuously.
MagniV devices target 12V application and can be used continuously at voltage up to 18V.
There is AN5082 MagniV in 24V Applications you can refer to.

Regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos