Problems in the LPC11UXX SVD file

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in the LPC11UXX SVD file

raphael_nestler
Contributor I

I've been working on LPC11Uxx register mappings for the Rust language using this SVD file.

The SVD file has some problems which I had to fix for my project. I hope those fixes can be applied to the original file, so others may benefit.

1. Duplicate Names

Various enumerated values have identical names, leading to duplicate names in the generated code. Fix: Fix duplicate names in SVD file · coredump-ch/lpc11uxx-rs@82663b4 · GitHub 

2. Double underscores (_) in names

This is more a stylistic issue, but leads to warnings in the generated code. Fix: Fix snake_case errors in SVD file · coredump-ch/lpc11uxx-rs@45f0653 · GitHub 

3. Reset value of the SYSAHBCLKCTRL register seems wrong

The reset value of the System clock control register seems to be wrong. According to the data-sheet it is 0x3F, but in the SVD file it is 0x0801485F. Fix: Fix reset value of the SYSAHBCLKCTRL register · coredump-ch/lpc11uxx-rs@384788a · GitHub 

These are the issues I encountered so far. I can report any further problems as I find them if desired.

Thanks a lot,

Raphael

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
2 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Raphael Nestler,

Thanks for your reporting.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mail9
Contributor I

I am also affected by these problems in the SVD files. I'm also relying on the files for code generation. jeremyzhou‌ are there already news on whether this could be forwarded to the responsible persons?

It would be great if the problems could be fixed for all NXP SVD files, so that other people that use these files can benefit from the fixes too.

0 Kudos