How to read a wiegand frame & what type of GPIOS sould i use to set the communication ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read a wiegand frame & what type of GPIOS sould i use to set the communication ?

alexis_capart
Contributor II

I recently got the OM13092 for LPCXpresso54608 to developp a prototype for my company. I readed all the datasheet and i'm not sure where i plug my reader (data1 & data0). A Library to handle wiegand protocol does exist ? Thank you in advance.

I'm french, so sorry for my English !

Labels (1)
3 Replies

alexis_capart
Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for your answer ! I tried to read an input GPIO (PIO3_20) but the fonction (GPIO_ReadPinInput) need 3 parameters : base (GPIO), n# port and n# pin. In the datasheet of the LPC546x the only informations i got was : PIO3_20 (PORT) and N2 (pin number), but when i built my programm an error occured : 1value required as left operand of assignment. I also tried to make a gpio interrupt falling edge to detect the pulses. And to set a GPIO, I just have to routed it with config tools ? How i set the gpio from my code ?

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alexis,

Please take a look to the pini_pin_interrupt for more information on how to configure the GPIOs. From what you mention, PIO3_20 refers to the pin 20 in the port 3.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alexis,

Since the LPC54608 does not have a wiegand interface you should use GPIOs to emulate the functionality, any two GPIOs should work for you. About the library, we don't have one but you can use the MCUXpresso SDK examples as base for your application.

Also, here are some community discussions that might be helful for you:

Dear Bigmac 

https://community.nxp.com/message/52719 

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer