[Android 4.4.3] How to setting or modify for mount USB storage in host USB port?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Android 4.4.3] How to setting or modify for mount USB storage in host USB port?

wangvictor
Contributor III

Hi All,

I'm using i.MX6 sabreSD DL.

In device/fsl/sabresd_6dq/fstab.freescale, I modify the file below.

/devices/soc0/soc.1/2100000.aips-bus/2198000.usdhc/mmc_host /mnt/media_rw/extsd vfat defaults voldmanaged=extsd:auto

/devices/soc0/soc.1/2100000.aips-bus/2184000.usb/ci_hdrc.0 /mnt/media_rw/udisk vfat defaults voldmanaged=udisk:auto

/devices/soc0/soc.1/2100000.aips-bus/2184200.usb/ci_hdrc.1* /mnt/media_rw/udisk vfat defaults voldmanaged=udisk:auto

/dev/block/mmcblk3p5 /system ext4 ro wait
/dev/block/mmcblk3p4 /data ext4 nosuid,nodev,nodiratime,noatime,nomblk_io_submit,noauto_da_alloc,errors=panic wait,encryptable=footer
/dev/block/mmcblk3p6 /cache ext4 nosuid,nodev,nomblk_io_submit wait
/dev/block/mmcblk3p7 /device ext4 ro,nosuid,nodev wait
/dev/block/mmcblk3p1 /boot emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/mmcblk3p2 /recovery emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/mmcblk3p8 /misc emmc defaults defaults

But I cannot see my storage under /storage in system.

Did I miss anything here?

Thanks

Labels (6)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Victor,

On our i.MX6QDL SabreSD board, only USB OTG is supported. And the USB OTG is desgined to be dual role mode. so if you want to test it's Host mode, you should connect a USB OTG to HOST cable to MicroUSB connector, and connect USB device on the other side.

If you are using the Evaluation board, you don't need to modify android source code. the function has been supported.

[Note] For USB OTG , there 2 kinds of cable:

-----USB OTG cable : it makes USB OTG work at device mode, such as USB charging cable for mobile.

-----USB OTG to Host cable: when the cable is connected to microUSB connector, USB_OTG_ID can be pulled down to LOW, and USB OTG working at HOST mode.

Have a nice day!

TIC weidong sun

0 Kudos

wangvictor
Contributor III

What I mean is to plug my USB storage in i.MX6DL SabreSD board.

And system do recognize that usb device is plug in.

But the system did not mount it under /storage .

I can not understand is there any relative to USB OTG ?

0 Kudos