Target error from Commit Flash write: Ee(FF). Redlink interface error 255.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target error from Commit Flash write: Ee(FF). Redlink interface error 255.

jerwey
Contributor I

Hi, I am trying to debug a custom board with an LPC11U24/301 mcu using LPCXpresso and LPC-Link 2.  I don't see this error posted anywhere.  I did see a post warning about sufficient power when debugging, but that's it.  By board does not have a power source.  I am using an NT3H2111_2211 NTag energy harvesting chip to power it.  But the LPC-Link 2 is set up to power the board (jumper JP2) through my swd connection to the J7 connector.  I can flash programs to my board without any problems, but there is a bug in my program that I want to debug.  So far I have just debugged by sending messages back and forth through NFC, but I can't seem to catch this bug like that so I want to use LPCXpresso to debug it.

When I try to run the debugger I get the following errors:

Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 5.54.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 5.54.38 PM.png

Shouldn't I be able to debug my board just with power through LPC-Link 2 probe?  And since I am able to flash programs through the LPC-Link 2 probe, wouldn't that mean I have sufficient power to run my board?

Thanks,

Jerry

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

It will be helpful for you to refer to the following User Manual where Program and Debug Start-up are explained:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/UM10945.pdf 

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos

jerwey
Contributor I

Yes Ivan, that document and developer board is where my design came from, but that document does not show me how to debug with LPCXpresso.  It explains how to troubleshoot setup and how to flash new programs.  What I want to do is use the LPCXpresso debugger to walk through functions and monitor memory.  I have never used the LPCXpresso debugger before.  When I click the "Debug" button, I get the error posted in the question.  This error also occurs with the experimental board, not just my custom board.  Can I not use LPCXpresso to debug my board?

0 Kudos