Trying to have FRDM-KW41Z communicate with XBee Pro S2C module

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to have FRDM-KW41Z communicate with XBee Pro S2C module

conjecture
Contributor I

Hello, I am relatively new to working with the board and ZigBee in general.

I have flashed the Zigbee 3.0 router example into the KW41Z and pressed SW3 to attempt to join the network formed from my computer with the XBee Pro S2C serving as the coordinator. The KW41Z detected the network but it throws an error "FailedToJoin sNwkJoinFailedEvent.u8Status=173.", which I have no idea how to get over.

Any help would be highly appreciated. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

By any chance, have you verified you followed all the steps on how to form a network as it is mentioned on the ZigBee 3.0 Base Device Template pdf document section 4.3 Using the Router page 8

Regards, 

Estephania

0 Kudos

conjecture
Contributor I

Hello Estephania,

Sorry for the late reply but I have followed the instructions in that document, but it has occurred to me that my XBee module uses ZigBee PRO, not exactly ZigBee 3.0. Is there a way to make these two compatible with each other? Or do I need to use Zigbee 3.0 XBee modules?

Thanks

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

ZigBee 3.0 employs the ZigBee PRO protocol so there should be no issue regarding that. You could check the ZigBee 3.0 Stack document for more details about this. 

Regards, 

Estephania

0 Kudos

conjecture
Contributor I

Yes, I found that out soon after I made that reply.

Could you explain what "sNwkJoinFailedEvent.u8Status=173" means in this case? The documentation seems to point this error to "ZPS_APL_APS_E_SECURITY_FAIL", but I am not quite sure what is causing the security processing issue. 

0 Kudos