cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6 sabre automotive board booting default Linux image

fabian727
Contributor I

Hi guys,

I have an sabre automative CPU Card in front of me, which I want to boot.

My steps:

- downloading this file: L4.9.11_1.0.0-ga_images_MX6QPDLSOLOX.tar.gz

- extracting and "dd"ing this file to the sdcard: fsl-image-validation-imx-x11-imx6qpdlsolox.sdcard

(I have a second board, which boots until UBoot entry and hangs at kernel, which is for my first steps fine and validates that the SD Card is fine)

- If I insert the SD-Card to the automotive board, I do not see any output on the serial console (I plugged a Serial-9DB cable)

my configuration:

S2 1-4 is 0010

S1 (1-10) is 01001 000...

SW3 00

S3 1-4 0011

J5 2-3

J4 1-2

J3 1-2

I have a powerplug with 5V and 2 Ampere.

If I plug the cable in I get the some normal creepy Ascii Symbols, which show that the board is powered. But at booting or misconfiguration of the serial interface, I would get more symbols. (I use minicom with baudrate 115200, the rest default)

Who can tell me, how I can debug it or which mistakes I made?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fabian

just for test one can try image provided in mfg tool

i.MX Software|NXP 

Or build new image using Yocto Guide included in Linux documentation package:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.9.11_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS&Parent_nodeId=13376994810717061... 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

fabian727
Contributor I

thanks for your answer.

As allraedy stated I downloaded an image and unpacked to the SD Card. A second board (not "automotive cpu card", but "smart devices") does boot this SD-Card-Image and gets stuck at the kernel, which is fine, because of the wrong selected DeviceTree. BUT it does state, the SD-Card is readable and in a good status.

If it should be a wrong image, please get me the download-link, else I will get another wrong image-file. I don't want to build a whole new system, if there are already images, which have to be bootable.

I think I have a miss-configuration of the jumpers and switches on my target-board. Can someone verify or deny my configuration? I got it the configuration out of this manual: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/SABREAI6QDPLUSQSG.pdf

Thanks,

Fabian

0 Kudos