MCU vs. DMA over bus priority. Who is stronger?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCU vs. DMA over bus priority. Who is stronger?

mryakimovya
Contributor I

Hello everyone!

I have some confusing thing. GPDMA transfers and receives some data over SSP0. Everything works perfectly well. No data lost. But sometimes, if there is long processor activity (memset for big data array, or just empty loop to make short delay, not mine, in cmsis library), SSP sets RORRIS flag in RIS (Raw Interrupts Status) register. It means, DMA can't receive data for specific time. I think processor takes all buses, so DMA can't access to them for some period. I read user manual over and over again. I couldn't find any clarification for the question. So, can I say to MCU that he must stop shile DMA does his great work???

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yakimov,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
It seems so weird, as we know, DMA is designed to unloading the MCU working which makes them can work simultaneously.
I was wondering if you can share a simple demo, then I can replicate the phenomenon and it's helpful for me to figure it out.
Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mryakimovya
Contributor I

Hi!

Sorry for a long reply, I was very busy and didn't see the forum.

I can't share demo, as our project is very big, containing FreeRTOS, and hardware-specific features. It seems very difficult to clean it((( Ok, as I understand GPDMA and CPU can't block each other. So I'm going to fix it by myself))

0 Kudos