Is the pin HIGH-Z status while IMX6D power off?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the pin HIGH-Z status while IMX6D power off?

Jump to solution
翔李
Contributor IV

HI,

My board has IMX6D and st-MCU,sometimes to reduce power consumption of board,the MCU can power off the IMX6D,but,when power off IMX6D,the current of board is 12V@0.05A,I found that while I depopulate R1214, it change to 12V@0.01A,why? In my opinion,while power off the IMX6D,the pin of IMX6D is hi-Z states,why the TXD pin  still consume current?  and what about other IOs,for example,IIC,GPIO,UART,CAN  and so on.

R1214 connect to CPU UART    PIN=E24,UART2_TXD(EIM_D26).

pastedImage_3.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

> Please show me the IMX6 datasheet,I like to read chapter of Power Supplies Usage section.
> If I change the R1214 from 0R to 1K,it turn to 0.01A 12V.So,is it a good way to solve this problem?

pastedImage_1.png

Changing R1214 decrease leakage, but strictly speaking, a switch instead of R1214 should be applied.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

> Please show me the IMX6 datasheet,I like to read chapter of Power Supplies Usage section.
> If I change the R1214 from 0R to 1K,it turn to 0.01A 12V.So,is it a good way to solve this problem?

pastedImage_1.png

Changing R1214 decrease leakage, but strictly speaking, a switch instead of R1214 should be applied.

翔李
Contributor IV

thanks.

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The i.MX6 Datasheets - in Power Supplies Usage section - provide the following requirment:

"All I/O pins must not be externally driven while the I/O power supply for the pin (NVCC_xxx) is OFF.

This can cause internal latch-up and malfunctions due to reverse current flows".

This means, that i.MX6 cannot be considered as HIGH-Z, when the device is powered off.

Have a great day,

Yuri

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer

button. Thank you!

0 Kudos