Anthony Loiseau

Join pf1550 SHIP state

Discussion created by Anthony Loiseau on May 23, 2018
Latest reply on May 31, 2018 by Jose Alberto Reyes Morales

Context

I am using a pf1550 PMIC alongside a iMX6 processor, and I use Yocto to build iMX6 processor software.

I appended linux-fslc recipe in my layer to switch from 4.9.x+fslc branch to 4.9-1.0.x-imx branch, which contains pf1550 regulator driver. My pf1550 regulator driver loads flawlessly with wanted running-state voltages applied to all outputs.

The product is powered from an external source, with a internal lithium fallback battery.

I want the product to join pf1550 SHIP state in few cases (factory is the easier case), waiting to be main powered to preserve internal lithium battery.

Issue

I read pf1550 datasheet (transition J in state machine chapter) and linux driver, but I fail to see how this driver can put pf1550 in this SHIP state. I guess there should be a way to fill registers appropriately and shut-down the processor.

• Am I missing something?
  • Has this been implemented (maybe in another branch)?

Also, maybe linked but I am not sure: when I power-off my main processor, the board consumes more power than when processor is running. Not sure REGS_DISABLE state is reached when main processor is off.

External links

Outcomes