cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect HVP-46F150M to KMS?

eduardocarletti
Contributor III

Hello,

I am developing a 3-PHASE ACIM motor control using a HVP-46F150M and a HVP-MC3PH. At first I tried using the freeMaster solution, where I was able to run my motor, but the calibration process was not succesfull. So now I jumped to the KMS world.

I already installed the KMS suite, created new project, but the software cannot connect to my board. The OpenSDA driver on the HVP-46F150M was outdated, I did the update and still have no answer, as seen on the attached image.

When debuging the software, no matter the IDE (tried IAR, KDS and MCUExpresso), the processor stalls due to some unhandled harwdare fault interruption. This is most evident on MCUExpresso, once the RED LED is kept on. The command executed that causes the fault is "v->nonClearableFaults.bits.secureMotorObserverRomIdFault = !GetMotorObserverSecureVersionIsCompatible();", I am not sure about what it should do. After this, if I pause the debug, the IDE is on the function "Hardfault_Handler". Both screen captures are attached.

On other thread of the forum, I saw that the support for my board in KMS is somewhat recent (since last february). IS there any update I need to apply to my board so it could work?

I would really appreciate some help! Thanks,

Eduardo Carletti

Labels (1)
6 Replies

philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The board you have does not have the KMS ACIM library programming into the upper 8K of the flash.  That is why you are getting the hard fault.

Not all HVP-KV46F150's in circulation have been programmed with the ACIM KMS software.  There were many sold prior to the release of KMS support release in December of 2017. 

The first available KMS ACIM enables KV4 boards hit the NXP product warehouse in early April.  Very recent.

If you need the KMS then you will need to buy a board from the NXP.com site and not the distributors.   

If you want to continue using the board for the reference solution with Freemaster please be more specific about the issues you are having with the parameter measurement in MCAT. 

Regards,

Philip

eduardocarletti
Contributor III

Thank you Philip.

So, as I understood, there is no way to upgrade my board, right?

Then, I will go back to the FreeMASTER ACIM solution. There are some things bothering me:

1) On the calibration process, I have to block the motor rotor. This proccedure, in the small motor whitch I am testing the kit, is easy. But my final project will control a 25HP motor (obviously in a completely different power scenario) enclosed in a water pump, so there is no way I could lock the rotor.

2) Even on this small motor, after I did the calibration process, entered all parameter from my motor (RPM, power, voltage, etc.) the control is not responsive in the FOC Speed Control. The motor either spins in a very little speed and bumping, or just doesnt spins at all. Sometimes it even does some weird noises and locks the rotor. In the Scalar speed control it seems to spin fine, but I dont have a tachometer to confirm the speed. The issue is that my project demands a FOC Sensorless Speed Control.

Considering the above, what do you recommend me? Am I using the right solution? The calibration process using the KMS would be any different?

0 Kudos

pavelsustek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Eduardo,

regarding your requests:

1. Currently, there's implemented the only method for ACIM parameter measurement which requires motor measurements in unloaded and blocked rotor state. During blocked rotor there's applied only reduced torque.

Second option is to ask motor producer for providing required motor parameters and add them manually to MCAT.

2. If you passed motor calibration process there should be no issue to run the motor properly. I would suggest to tune Speed PI controller manually at Speed ctrl tab in MCAT.

3. Could you provide \freemaster\mcat\param_files\M1_params_acim_hvp-kv46f.txt file to be able to check what may caused such behavior. And also motor nominal values or product number if it's commercial one.

Regards,

Pavel

0 Kudos

eduardocarletti
Contributor III

Pavel, thanks for your help.

I am not in the shop today, will be back next monday and provide you the

requested information. I will try to also send a video showing the

calibration and operation results.

About the motor specs, I don't have the exact model datasheet in hands,

once its a obsolete motor. But its very similar to this one

<https://www.weg.net/catalog/weg/BR/en/Electric-Motors/Three-Phase-Low-Voltage/General-Purpose/W22/W22-IR2/W22-IR2-0-33-cv-6P-71-3Ph-220-380-V-60-Hz-IC411-TFVE-B14D/p/11464803>,

same manufacturer, power and speed.

Thanks,

Eduardo Carletti

On Fri, May 25, 2018 at 4:23 AM, pavelsustek <admin@community.nxp.com>

0 Kudos

philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The board does not cost that much ($50), so if you want to enable KMS for ACIM you can order one from the NXP warehouse. None of the distributors have them. 

The Electrical and Inertia measurement with KMS also have a step that request that the rotor be blocked.  

You might check this similar thread for information.

Also AN5051 and DRM150 are good resources.

Sensorless ACIM Field-Oriented Control on Kinetis KV (REV 1) 

Sensorless ACIM Field-Oriented Control (REV 1) 

I'll also pass your questions up to the Motor Control Experts in Roznov. pavelsustek‌ can you assist here?

Regards,

Philip

0 Kudos

eduardocarletti
Contributor III

Dear Philip,

The board cost is not relevant, the bigger concern is the calibration

process.

I will take a deep look into these application notes, and send the feedback.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos