cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFGTools with imx6sll-evk

vincentdehors
Contributor I

Hi,

I am having troubles using MFGTools for an i.MX6sll EVK.

Context:

I have two eval board :

• IMX6SLL EVK REV A1
  • IMX6SLL EVK REV A

I tried :

Windows binaries does not works inside a VM (crash when the USB device is plug), so I used a physical machine.

On Linux, with a binary built from Git, I needed to patch MfgToolLib/DeviceManager.cpp to correct a segfault in DevChange_callback() as g_devClasses[DeviceClass::DeviceTypeMsc] is not allocated but used.

The problem:

Running mfgtools.exe, the right board is detected and I can "start" update. There is "Loading U-boot" displayed and nothing happen. The log seems normal and ends with :

ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: ExecuteCommand--Boot[WndIndex:0], File is C:\...\firmware\u-boot-imx6sllevk_sd.imx

On Linux, same behavior but I got more information :

ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: ExecuteCommand--Boot[WndIndex:0], File is .../firmware/u-boot-imx6sllevk_sd.imx
ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: RunPlugIn(): TransData(0x877FF400, 0x5FC00,0x6B933010) failed.
ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: PortMgrDlg(0)--MxHidDevice--Command Boot excute failed

As I am able to debug on Linux, I checked that :

• RunDCD() succeed in MxHidDevice::RunPlugIn
  • In TransData(), the SendCmd() for ROM_KERNEL_CMD_WR_FILE succeed
  • SendData() fails because libusb_control_transfer() fails in Write() with values : ret=-7, size=1025

I suspected DCD data does not works for the i.MX6SLL-EVL REVA, so I tried :

• u-boot-imx6sllevk_sd.imx
  • u-boot-imx6sllevk_epdc.imx
  • u-boot-mfgtool-2017.03-r0.imx

How did you test MFGTools with the EVK ? Have you experienced a similar problem ?

Regards,

Vincent

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

when you use mfgtool on windows10, which .vbs file do you use? pls check if you use correct file for your board

0 Kudos

vincentdehors
Contributor I

I used MfgTools.exe directly with the provided cfg.ini et ucl2.xml. As the program tries to send the right u-boot.imx, I assumed the configuration is good.

I can try launching a .vbs file, but I don't know which one. There is no "*mx6sll-evk*" in the archive.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you use evk board, you can choose evk, for example, if you use EMMC, you can choose "mfgtool2-yocto-mx-evk-emmc.vbs"

0 Kudos

vincentdehors
Contributor I

I find out that I selected wrong boot_mode (BOOT_MODE[1:0]=11 => Reserved) but this was the only way to trigger the Serial Download mode (in other mode, I don't see USB device on Windows).

If I set boot_mode to 01 (Serial Downloader) and I have a working U-boot on SD1, U-boot is executed and USB device is not seen in MFGTools. If I remove the card, this seems to work (but our future board will have something on mmc).

Do you know why selecting "Serial Download" is not working ? I need an hardware switch to force this mode (not using fuses, recovery mode, etc.)

Also, if I set boot_mode to 10 (internal boot) and I configure to boot from SD3 or eMMC, the board boot from SD1 if there is something on SD1.

0 Kudos