Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading to mcuxpresso 10.2.0

Jump to solution
gschelotto
Contributor V

Hello,

I've just downloaded last MCUXpresso 10.2.0 release. Should I uninstall previous 10.1.1 version? Can I install 10.2.0 along 10.1.1?

Regards,

gaston

1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Gaston.

You can  have both MCUXpresso 10.2.0 and MCUXpresso 10.1.1 installed in your computer parallel.

You don't need uninstall 10.1.1.

On my side, both of these two versions are installed in my computer.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
andrewfisher
Contributor III

You'd think so wouldn't you! But when I installed 11.3.1 on Ubuntu it kindly deleted the previous install. Even though its in a separate appropriately named directory. Thank you NXP now I cant build my old projects without a reinstall and reinstalling all the SDKs too!

0 Kudos
dmitry_antonov
Contributor I

Hi All,

What to do if I would like to have the MCUXpresso v10.1.0 updated automatically to the latest version 10.2.1? What software site should I add for the automatic updates? For now, Check for Updates function returns "no updates found" for me. I assume there should be a software site to add in the list.

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dmitry,

There is no update can update MCUXpresso IDE from 10.1.0 to 10.2.1.

MCUXpresso v10.2.1 is a standalone IDE package, you need download it from our website and install it separately.

MCUXpresso IDE|Eclipse-based Integrated Development Environment (IDE)|NXP 

If you don't need MCUXpresso IDE 10.1.0 any more, you can uninstall it directly.

Have a great day,
TIC

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gaston,

as Jennie outlined: you don't have to remove any previous version, just make sure you are installing it into a different directory (which is the default anyway). On another note: make sure you are *not* sharing/using workspaces between versions of the IDE. See as well Overview of MCUXpresso IDE v10.2.0 | MCU on Eclipse  about this. This is not specific to MCUXpresso IDE, this is 'an Eclipse thing'.

I hope this helps,

Erich

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Gaston.

You can  have both MCUXpresso 10.2.0 and MCUXpresso 10.1.1 installed in your computer parallel.

You don't need uninstall 10.1.1.

On my side, both of these two versions are installed in my computer.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos