cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking and CCS Errors in Codewarrior DSC 8.3

khalaqueabdul
Contributor I

Hi All,

I'm having an old Codewarrior 8.3 DSC project I opened it in Codewarrior 8.3 itself using File-> Open. I was told that processor expert is suspended for this project so I selected "No" If I want to use Processor expert. After compiling and Building the project I'm getting a warning "The symbol Cfg_StartDelay was forced in the link with a "FORCE_ACTIVE" clause but no definition could be found". When I'm trying to debug I'm getting a window which says "CCSProtocolPlugin:Unknown Protocol Error". Can I know what may be problem. Please help me in this regard.

I'm using windows 7 32 bit operating system and USB TAP.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Khalaque Abdul,

Regarding to the linking warning, check if Cfg_StartDelay is defined globally in source code.

connection error, check similar question and answer here:

CCSProtocolPlugin:Unknown protocol error 

Note, officially CW8.3 doesn't support windows7, if above can't fix your connection issue. I suggest you try CW11

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/software-development-tools/codewarrior-development-t... 

create a new project with CW11, test if it can connect board well.

I know some customers have ever worked with CW for DSC v8.3 on win7/10 by replacing    "CodeWarrior for DSC56800E v8.3\ccs" folder with "CW MCU v11.0\MCU\ccs" folder. You can try it too.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos